USCAP bow ties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What’s up with these people wearing bow ties at USCAP. Even the younger generation doing it now. Do they think they are cool or something?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've wondered that myself. Preparing for a career as a clown. I hate bow ties.

About 1 in 4 pathologists is a PhD. Apparently they left behind their fashion sense in the same place they left their business sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What’s up with these people wearing bow ties at USCAP. Even the younger generation doing it now. Do they think they are cool or something?
What do you expect from a group that comes up with the slogan " PATHOLOGISTS ARE GROOVY " ???????

Reactions: 1 users
There was a time in the early 2000s that leather vests were a thing at USCAP.

Better question is why isn't Thrombus running around USCAP with a counterfeit badge working to overthrow Big Academia?

Also, is it US-CAP or YOOS-CAP?

Never trust a physician that wears a bow tie. They are simply an attention whor e.

• Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone at USCAP notice if there are less people? Did the virus panic decrease attendance?

Internet: Don't take sartorial advice from pathologists who complain about the job market. Doesn't seem like the most stylish demographic.

• Wow
Internet: Don't take sartorial advice from pathologists who complain about the job market. Doesn't seem like the most stylish demographic.

Private practice pathologists like LADoc, meddirector and potato don’t complain. They bring up their own experiences from hiring. If you think they are making things up then you are delusional. All of them had made comments in regards to an oversupply of trainees.

If you don’t think there are saturated markets out there then youve been living under a rock.

I will say this, I can tolerate bow ties much more than some of the crazy beards people are growing nowadays. You are human, not yeti.

Private practice pathologists like LADoc, meddirector and potato don’t complain. They bring up their own experiences from hiring. If you think they are making things up then you are delusional. All of them had made comments in regards to an oversupply of trainees.

If you don’t think there are saturated markets out there then youve been living under a rock.

I think you missed the point of my post. It was in jest. Look up what sartorial means.

The kids at USCAP rocking bow ties are most likely the ones making an impression, being personable, and getting those cherished word of mouth opportunities. If I were you, I would go to tiebar.com, pick up a few, and try it out at the next CAP.

I think you missed the point of my post. It was in jest. Look up what sartorial means.

The kids at USCAP rocking bow ties are most likely the ones making an impression, being personable, and getting those cherished word of mouth opportunities. If I were you, I would go to tiebar.com, pick up a few, and try it out at the next CAP.

Lol the kids at USCAP wearing bow ties are academic types who wanna-be like their academic predecessors, sorry. Academic job market is open, if you like it, in my opinion.

Going around creating small talk with random strangers in order to get a job is definitely a good idea but it’s like speed dating. You have to go up to random strangers, strike up a conversation and ask if they have a job for you.

You try to meet as many possible strangers as you can to increase your odds of getting a job.

I have a job now but when I was looking a few years ago it wasn’t easy.

“Sorry we aren’t looking. We’ll keep your information in case an open position pops up” Be ready to hear that many times before you get a “yes we are looking.”

Last edited:
Better question is why isn't Thrombus running around USCAP with a counterfeit badge working to overthrow Big Academia?

Also, is it US-CAP or YOOS-CAP?
This is an excellent question. Like most things on here, the answer is "it depends". I've heard both. I've also used both. I prefer US-CAP, but I think the majority use YOOS-CAP. I am not sure how the split correlates with the bowtie-wearing community.

Anyone at USCAP notice if there are less people? Did the virus panic decrease attendance?

I was there and attendance was definitely affected. However, it was not that bad. I was also at the Tricon meeting in SF, and I would say it was 10% of typical turnout. There were as many sponsors as attendees.

Cheers,

Gabe

Now that we are paid like pediatricians, I guess its logical to start dressing like them too.