Use AP physics C credit or just take Physics 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paul2752

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have AP Physics C -mechanics credit so it fulfills Physics 1 req in our school.

Howver I have heard divided opinions about whether I should take the class; some told me I should, some told me I don't need to because physics isn't in MCAT?

What would you recommend me to do?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have AP Physics C -mechanics credit so it fulfills Physics 1 req in our school.

Howver I have heard divided opinions about whether I should take the class; some told me I should, some told me I don't need to because physics isn't in MCAT?

What would you recommend me to do?
Thanks
I took Physics B and Physics C Mech/E&M and 5'd all 3 tests. If I had to do college over again, I'd just take the easy A in the weeder physics courses to pad my sGPA. This is especially important if your school only uses AP scores for credit/placement and not grades since you basically get to take harder classes without any GPA buffer.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe some medical schools only accept AP credit if you take another upper-level class in the same discipline (for example, using AP Bio credit and then taking upper level bio classes like immunology/whatever to satisfy the 8 hours of bio requirement). As the person above said, I just retook the class for the easy A and to be safe on the prerequisites. It also came up more than I expected on the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with lilmadge. So if you take physics 2, it won't matter. I think if you are really solid in physics 1, you don't need to take it. But if you get a bad grade in physics 2, it's gonna put you in a worse situation. Physics is a really small portion of the new mcat though, 5%ish I think?