Username

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

militarymd

SDN Angel
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Let's hear about your username....how you came up with it...what it means...etc.

Mine explains itself.

Jet's is pretty clear...although I may be wrong...

but anyways, let's hear about your usernames.

Members don't see this ad.

I was a biochem major and my undergrad research was on the cytoskeletal protein alpha-spectrin. After saying cytoskeletal elements over and over - it was shortened to cytoskelement. Seemed appropriate as a screen name. I know... I know... HUGE dork.

I am always fresh as a damn daisy.

Members don't see this ad :)
back up career/retirement plans: charter boat captain in islamorada.

I have an atrocious pair of pants that look like a rug. They don't fit anymore (too big), but they make a useful username. It's never taken.

Been listening to rap since 1985. Friends have been calling me Dr. Dre' since 1991. In 6 months, I will finally be the poor Dr. Dre'...

Picked up the nickname "blocks" playing highschool basketball....works well for the anesthesia thing too since regional blocks are way cool...

look up tenesmus in the dictionary - then just figure tenesma means multiple episodes of tenesmus

Urban slang for the most common chief complaint I hear while moonlighting. And it was actually taken somewhere else, so I threw in a tooth number. OK, well I'm a dentist hanging out here....what can I say?

i shouldve went for raging hormones

I went to Baylor University (BU) for undergrad and my first name starts with a d and last name is rivera so there you go... d-rivera-bu

It's my callsign...a product of a naming ceremony with bunch of drunk aviators on a deployment to South Korea...and the size of my cranium.

"Heeed! Pants! Now!"

Name that movie?

Tenesma said:
look up tenesmus in the dictionary - then just figure tenesma means multiple episodes of tenesmus

freakin hilarious.

mine's pretty self explanatory. i usually don't post here i just let everyone know in the event that i do.

Members don't see this ad :)
militarymd said:
Hey all,

Let's hear about your username....how you came up with it...what it means...etc.

Mine explains itself.

I've got a multi-engine/instrument rating, high altitude sign-off, and some turboprop time, mostly in a Cheyenne, with some scattered King Air time; hence the jetproppilot logo.

fishtolive said:
back up career/retirement plans: charter boat captain in islamorada.

Will be there in May...my sister is getting married there...

have spent several enjoyable evenings sitting at whatever the name of that bar is, close to the docs, watching the Hatteras's, Viking's, Ocean's, etc come in with their catch....

I dont wnat to insult anyones intelligence by explaining that my initials are RW...but it looks like I just did.

mine is merely a vestige of the old dos 8-digit filename structure that carried over to unix/vax email usernames when email and "newsgroups" first became popular (and, believe it or not, were all text-based and contained none of these fancy graphics). It's pretty much my username for everything and I, unfortunately, wasn't really thinking about anonymity when I elected to use it here. On the other hand, the lack of anonymity has probably kept me from more inflammatory or ridiculous here.

The bogatyri are heroes of Russian folk lore. The 3 most famous are: Ilia
Muromets, Dobrynia Nikitich and Aliosha Popovich. My original user name on the internet was different variations on Sideshow Bob because of my curly hair and large belly, but since i joined the army I had to cut my hair and lose weight.

In college I had an idea for an electronic medical record system, thinking of the old Motorola processor used in Macs "PowerPC", I thought I'd call it "PowerMD". Eventually, I adopted it as a handle for SDN.

Zippy comes from the comic strip, Zippy the Pinhead. Zippy is one cool dude. While in middle school, my best friend and I were placed in the gifted program and the guidance counselor placed us in all the same classes so that we could challenge each other and sort of bond. He said I reminded him of Zippy so he started calling me that. I went with the flow and never tried to make any sort of order out of the chaotic world we lived in at the time. He said that I marched to a different drummer; he couldn't pin me down as to what made me tick. I was like a little magician-- full o' tricks up my sleeve with a different slant/skew. Middle school was like nirvana for us. We could do no wrong and were always the teachers' pets. even though we were the middle school jesters. Regards, ---Zip

i always called myself a "scrub" during my days on the high school tennis team... and "skrubz" eventually became my nickname on surgery as an M3. and now i get to wear scrubs to work every day. it all worked out nicely. :D

jetproppilot said:
Will be there in May...my sister is getting married there...

have spent several enjoyable evenings sitting at whatever the name of that bar is, close to the docs, watching the Hatteras's, Viking's, Ocean's, etc come in with their catch....

nice...may is always a good month down there. head to bud n mary's and stare at the 100pounders just laughing at you.

i THINK IT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

Played provincial (state-level) cricket for years...my First Love, the Number One in my life. My priority list went like this:
1. cricket
2. med school
3. family
4. friends
5. person I was dating

Of late, these have been shuffled around somewhat...

It's a dave matthews song.

At least that's what I tell people.

The truth is I have grave's disease and a glandular disorder that causes me to have a peculier odor. :D

My screen name is a pet-name my ex-wife gave me... the scars run deep... :laugh:

my hypersexuality and oral fixation can be summed up no more precisely than in my screen name. enjoy..and ladies you know where to reach me if interested. ;)

My only other option was Smith-Lemli-Opitz, however due to a fear of being recognized by my fused digits and low-set ears, i refrained and decided on the former.

15430 was my employee number at Blockbuster when I worked there for 2 years in high school...it has stuck with me from e-mail accounts and usernames since then.

My undergrad major was mechanical engineering.

I used this "me454555" name as a junk email address I had to submit an email address b/c I hated getting junk mail. I did the same sdn b/c I didnt know how much I'd use it and I didnt feel like thinking up a new screen name. I guess there really is no significance to my screen name except that now people know it so I dont want to change it.

What about MONITOR? Are you out there, dude (under another screen name, no doubt)? I can't wait to hear from you...

I was in an all girl punk band in New Orleans called Sugartank and my bday is unfortunately in 1972.....oh I am so old

Sugar72 said:
I was in an all girl punk band in New Orleans called Sugartank and my bday is unfortunately in 1972.....oh I am so old

I hope we go to the same residency.

Seems we got a lot in common both - birth year and musically - however, my punk band was terribly unsuccessful and we sucked really bad...

VentdependenT said:
I picked mine because I was feeling extra sassy that day.

The alternative was Randle Patrick McMurphy

hopefully they won't lobotomize you over there at Rush, young Randall.

VentdependenT said:
I picked mine because I was feeling extra sassy that day.

The alternative was Randle Patrick McMurphy

i always just think of you as TAFKAP... BWINPA.

(highlight the blank space below this line if you are completely lost)

the artist formerly known as prince... but who is now prince again

aredoubleyou said:

Seems we got a lot in common both - birth year and musically - however, my punk band was terribly unsuccessful and we sucked really bad...

that's the great thing about punk - as long as you can make it look good in a really pissed off angry kind of way it somehow works....oh the good ol' days. I'll keep my eye out for an punk rocker with the initials RW!

Mine's pretty easy to figure out, my name is name is Becky (nickname is Beck) and my birthday is September 28th, making 928 the greatest number of all time!

When I was a paramedic, we used to joke that asystole was a very stable rhythm. Often in cardiac arrest you would shock a patient from V-Fib (very unstable) to Asystole (very stable, and terminal unfortunatly)

aredoubleyou said:

i can see the band forming now. let's all match together and rock it out.

my old crew cut a demo back in '95 and even put together a meager tour of the tristate area. we opened for a few decent acts. even if they never got off their bus to watch us.

militarymd said:
Hey all,

Mine explains itself.

I'm a Methead...Master is their best album

Sugar72 said:
that's the great thing about punk - as long as you can make it look good in a really pissed off angry kind of way it somehow works....oh the good ol' days. I'll keep my eye out for an punk rocker with the initials RW!

Our philosophy was just to make it so fast that no one would notice all the missed chords, dropped beats, and off tune screaching...

And I'll be on the lookout for a riot grrrl.

"Faith, you're driving me away
You do it everyday
You don't mean it
But it hurts like hell

My brain says I'm receiving pain
A lack of oxygen
From my life support
My iron lung"

--My Iron Lung by Radiohead

Sugar72 said:

Still playing?

Funny how the media portrays New Orleans as desolate and dying city.

After dinner at NOLA's, tried to go to an art display at The Howling Wolf the other night...drove around for 30 minutes and couldnt find anywhere to park, so....we went home. :scared:

Cuppla nights earlier, went to Sweet Fire & Ice with a cuppla buddies, crashing the OB xmas party, then a few of us went to The Red Eye (the one on Vets) at 2am....uhhh...the place was PACKED...all the single chicks were saying "OOOHHH!! Theres Juan Kincaid!!!" (local sportscaster)...

came home at...uhhh....5am...

wifey very unhappy.. +pissed+

When I left The Red Eye at 0445, it was still full of people.

New Orleans is far from dying. Critically injured? Yes. But far from a 1-8-7.

And this is coming from a dude that would live somewhere else in a heartbeat if DA BOSS (wifey) would endorse it.

WARNING TO THE DUDES ON THIS FORUM:

No matter how hot the chick is, if she's from New Orleans, dont commit unless youre ready to live here....cuz gettin' a New Orleans chick outta 'da city is next to impossible. :oops:

Beyonder

Identity: The Beyonder's existence is unknown to the general populace of Earth.
Legal Status: Inapplicable
Other Aliases: Frank
Place of Birth: Inapplicable
Place of Death: An underground sanctum beneath the Colorado Rocky Mountains
Known Survivors: None
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Mobile
First Appearance: (voice only) MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS #1, (in physical form) SECRET WARS II #1, (in primary physical form) SECRET WARS II #3
Final Appearance: SECRET WARS II #9

History: Originally, the entity known as the Beyonder comprised all of the otherdimensional universe, called the "Beyond-Realm," in which he existed. The entity was entirely unaware of the existence of other beings until, several years ago, the atomic accident that transformed laboratory worker Owen Reece into the superhuman Molecule Man opened an interdimensional "pinhole" between the Beyond-Realm and the multiverse in which Earth exists. Through this gap the Beyonder observed the Earth for a number of years. The Beyonder was fascinated, since he himself was his entire reality, but each denizen of Earth was but a single entity that was part of the greater whole that was the multiverse. Hence, each sentient being on Earth, in the Beyonder's point of view was "incomplete," and strove to remedy its incompleteness. Hence, the Beyonder believed, the driving force of the minds of all sentient beings was desire; in other words, wanting to have or become something one is not. Indeed, now that the Beyonder realized that he himself was not all that existed, he saw himself as incomplete and felt desire.

To investigate the nature of desire, the Beyonder undertook an experiment. Various adventurers based on Earth, most of them possessing superhuman powers, including the Hulk, Spider-Man, and members of the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and X-Men, went to New York City's Central Park to investigate an enormous circular construct which had materialized in the park's Sheep Meadow. Entering the construct, the adventurers and the construct were teleported to an area of outer space near a galaxy far from Earth's. Similarly, a large number of costumed criminals, including the Absorbing Man, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, the Enchantress, Kang, the Lizard, the Molecule Man, Ultron, the Wrecker and the Wrecking Crew, as well as the planet-devourer Galactus, found themselves in another construct in the same area of space. Aboard the constructs the passengers watched in awe as the galaxy nearest to them was annihilated by an unseen force, except for a single star. Then, before their eyes, a planet, which became known as Battleworld, was created to orbit that star. Finally, a rift opened in space, from which a blinding light poured, and the passengers on the constructs heard a voice that told them, "I am from beyond! Stay your enemies and all you desire shall be yours! Nothing you dream of is impossible for me to accomplish!" The passengers on the constructs were then sent down to Battleworld. There, over the next several days, they engaged in a "secret war" among themselves; most of the criminals sought to destroy the heroic adventurers in order to gain the prize that the Beyonder had promised.

In the course of the "secret war," Doctor Doom used technological means to steal the Beyonder's apparently unlimited power and absorb it into himself. Too weakened to strike back against Doom, the Beyonder secretly took possession of the body of Klaw, who had been resurrected on Battleworld after his seeming destruction by the Dazzler. The Beyonder took control of Klaw's subconscious mind and thus motivated him to encourage Doom's fears of his superhuman opponents in the "secret war" and Doom's doubts over his own ability to control his newly gained power. The Beyonder also had Klaw persuade Doom to grant him some of his new power. Then, when Doom was struggling to control his power while in battle with Captain America, the Beyonder left Klaw's body and reclaimed his full power. The Beyonder then vanished, and the participants in the "secret war" returned to the places from which they had come.

Months later, the Beyonder arrived on Earth to continue his study of humanity and of desire. He had never possessed a true form of his own before, but now he created for himself a physical form that resembled a composite of the bodies of various participants in the "secret war," in order that he could walk among humanity and fulfill his desire for experience in this world. Next he gave himself a body identical to that of the Molecule Man. To study the effects of enabling someone to fulfill his fantasies, the Beyonder transformed television writer Stewart Cadwall into the armored Thundersword. Cadwall ran amok in his new identity, and was opposed and defeated by various costumed adventurers.

Subsequently, the Beyonder gave himself a body identical to that of Captain America. The Beyonder encountered a number of costumed adventurers, but found it difficult to understand the counsel about the nature of life that he received from some of them and other human beings. The Beyonder then met an underworld figure named Vinnie, who, seeking to make use of the Beyonder's superhuman powers, became his guide to the world. Under Vinnie's influence the Beyonder sought wealth, pleasure, and power over others. The Beyonder further altered his physical appearance, giving himself black, curly hair; he maintained the form he now had for most of the rest of his existence on Earth.

The Beyonder finally parted company with Vinnie, and used his powers to take complete control of every mind, and, in fact, every atom of matter on Earth. But the Beyonder found himself dissatisfied: he took no pleasure in having everyone serve him if they were compelled to do so as if they were automatons. Hence, the Beyonder released everyone and everything on Earth from his control, and also wiped out everyone's memories of his conquest of Earth, although he allowed some people to retain a vague reminiscence of it.

The Beyonder continued to experiment with experiencing love affairs with human beings. On a journey to the Andromeda Galaxy to locate the Avengers, he was responsible for the escape of their foe Nebula. To study the effects of the desire for revenge, the Beyonder transtormed Thor's enemy, the Dark Elf Algrim, into the powerful menace Kurse. The Beyonder also saved Kathryn Twoyoungmen, then known as Talisman, from entrapment in an otherdimensional world. The Beyonder sought to make Alison Blaire, the Dazzler, his lover, and even went so far as to bestow half of his power upon her so that they would be equals. However, she was not in love with him, and the disappointed Beyonder, once mom in possession of his full power, parted from her.

Now the Beyonder's mood began too change. He found desire a nuisance, and wondered whether he should continue to study it or just return to the Beyond-Realm, where he would feel complete unto himself. He briefly had the young superhuman mutant called Boom-Boom as a companion, and terrified her when he threatened to destroy the entire universe on a whim. She alerted the Avengers to his threat, and they in turn informed other superhuman champions.

Deciding he could not simply return to the Beyond-Realm and forget he had ever experienced desire, the Beyonder remained on Earth, but fell into despair. The sorcerer Doctor Strange advised him to find a purpose in life, and so the Beyonder decided to become a champion of life like Strange himself. He acted as a "super hero" both on Earth and on other planets, but still seemed uncertain of his role in the universe, especially after Captain America and Mister Fantastic advised him of their fears that humanity would become overly dependent on the Beyonder to solve their problems for them. Encouraged by his aide, a journalist named Dave, the Beyonder overcame his own doubts. The Beyonder then obliterated Death itself from the universe, thus earning the wrath of Mephisto, the satanic ruler of an otherdimensional realm of the dead. The Molecule Man, however, convinced the Beyonder that existence was meaningless without death, and so the Beyonder brought Death back into existence by using his power to kill the reporter Dave, who willingly sacrificed his life.

The Beyonder went to a South Seas island to contemplate. There an army of superhuman criminals assembled by Mephisto attacked him, but he was saved by the. Inspired by the Thing's heroism, the Beyonder decided to inspire others in turn to find their true role in life. But, again, the Beyonder used his powers to control the minds of others to do so. After the Puma failed to kill him, the Beyonder became convinced that he was wasting his time in trying to enlighten others.

Furious, the Beyonder now believed he had no role in the universe, and decided he would be happier if he destroyed the multiverse so he would be alone once more. He slaughtered most of the New Mutants and did battle with the Avengers and Rachel Summers, alias Phoenix.

Finally, many of Earth's costumed champions joined forces to stop the Beyonder once and for all, lest he obliterate the multiverse. In an underground sanctum deep beneath the Colorado Rocky Mountains, the Beyonder decided that perhaps he would find the contentment he sought if he became a mortal being. The Beyonder created a vast machine to bring about the transformation, and tested it by resurrecting the New Mutants he had killed. The Beyonder then used the machine to turn himself into a mortal being with no superhuman powers, but was then confronted by the vengeful Mephisto. The Beyonder then reclaimed his tremendous power and immortality, and decided, in order to protect himself from his foes; he would use the machine to transform himself into a mortal being who still retained his full power. The Molecule Man and the assembled costumed heroes attacked the Beyonder in his sanctum, but, the Beyonder defeated them all. Then the Beyonder entered the machine once more, and was transformed into a mortal infant into whom the machine began feeding the Beyonder's vast power. The machine would soon rapidly age the infant into an adult and release him. Believing he must take what he thought might be the only chance to save the multiverse from someday being destroyed by the Beyonder, the Molecule Man destroyed the machine, killing the infant within, The machine's destruction unleashed the Beyonder's titanic energy, which the Molecule Man projected into another dimension. There the Beyonder's energy caused the creation of a new universe.

Phyaical characteristics: The Beyonder originally had no true physical form such as those known to humanity. However, the body that he created for himself and that he used on Earth for most of his existence there had the following characteristic:

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 240 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black

Strength Level: The Beyonder's strength in the human form described under Physical Characteristics was potentially unlimited.

Known Superhuman Powers: The Beyonder was apparently the most powerful being ever to exist in this universe (although he was not native to this universe), and hence could do virtually anything, The Beyonder could manipulate incalculable amounts of energy and create and rearrange matter on a planetary scale. He proved capable of obliterating an entire galaxy.

Thebeyonder said:
Finally, many of Earth's costumed champions joined forces to stop the Beyonder once and for all, lest he obliterate the multiverse. In an underground sanctum deep beneath the Colorado Rocky Mountains, the Beyonder decided that perhaps he would find the contentment he sought if he became a mortal being. The Beyonder created a vast machine to bring about the transformation, and tested it by resurrecting the New Mutants he had killed. The Beyonder then used the machine to turn himself into a mortal being with no superhuman powers, but was then confronted by the vengeful Mephisto. The Beyonder then reclaimed his tremendous power and immortality, and decided, in order to protect himself from his foes; he would use the machine to transform himself into a mortal being who still retained his full power. The Molecule Man and the assembled costumed heroes attacked the Beyonder in his sanctum, but, the Beyonder defeated them all. Then the Beyonder entered the machine once more, and was transformed into a mortal infant into whom the machine began feeding the Beyonder's vast power. The machine would soon rapidly age the infant into an adult and release him. Believing he must take what he thought might be the only chance to save the multiverse from someday being destroyed by the Beyonder, the Molecule Man destroyed the machine, killing the infant within, The machine's destruction unleashed the Beyonder's titanic energy, which the Molecule Man projected into another dimension. There the Beyonder's energy caused the creation of a new universe.

Phyaical characteristics: The Beyonder originally had no true physical form such as those known to humanity. However, the body that he created for himself and that he used on Earth for most of his existence there had the following characteristic:

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 240 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black

Strength Level: The Beyonder's strength in the human form described under Physical Characteristics was potentially unlimited.

Known Superhuman Powers: The Beyonder was apparently the most powerful being ever to exist in this universe (although he was not native to this universe), and hence could do virtually anything, The Beyonder could manipulate incalculable amounts of energy and create and rearrange matter on a planetary scale. He proved capable of obliterating an entire galaxy.

damn dude, my name sucks!