USF COM c/o 2010 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JabsterL said:
The USF area does have some very affordable condos/townhouses, but many are older and some are run-down. I don't think they have yards either. If you are looking at a specific place in Tampa, and have questions, feel free to PM me and ask me about the location. I've lived just about everywhere in Tampa from Apollo Beach to South Tampa to Lutz to New Tampa lol.

thanks so much Runner! can you tell me where (like wh/ streets) have good condos in the USF area that i could live in for at least 4 years? it's okay if they are a little run down, as the price will probably reflect that ;)

thanks so much again![/QUOTE]

Courtney Palms still has some condos available for sale. 2/2 and I think there is a 1/1 as well. I think the prices range from around 160-190K (much cheaper than those in New Tampa and several complexes by school). It is a great location-- about 7-15 minutes to TGH and 14-25 minutes to campus depending on traffic. There are about 7 M2 living here and I know there will be at least 1 M1 moving in from your class.

Members don't see this ad.

DrBlonde said:
What company do people use for cable, phone, or internet in tampa?

I use Brighthouse and it is $128/month for all three services (digital phone, cable and wireless internet). I have not had any problems with them. Most of the people I know have Brighthouse but I have not heard about any problems with Verizon for home packages.

My cell phone service, on the other hand, though Verizon is horrible.

Thanks for the info!!!
Vtucci- Do you have Road Runner or Road runnner lite?

P.S. I am getting really excited to move to Tampa!!!! I found an apartment!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have road runner and cannot imagine using the lite version because of the school's website and downloading docs and PPTs.

Which complex will you be moving into?

Oh- by the way, don't forget to buy your "annual" parking decals-- you can do this online starting July 17th (medical students are an option). They will ticket you if you do not have it.

OK, I'll get it online in a day or so. Thanks for the advice!

What do you think is the best way to drive to school from Bay to Bay Blvd and Bayshore Blvd?

I just found this thread (little late). I wish I would have read it earlier. I just moved into an apartment in New Tampa. None the less, I can't wait to start school.

Does anyone know if the area south of Broadway Blvd and MLK blvd in Brandon is a high crime area? I am planning on moving into an apartment in Bermuda Lake - when I visited the area I thought that it looked nice and quiet; however, I heard that the area tends to have a lot of crime.
Has anyone ever lived there or know of the area?

PinkyJolly said:
Does anyone know if the area south of Broadway Blvd and MLK blvd in Brandon is a high crime area? I am planning on moving into an apartment in Bermuda Lake - when I visited the area I thought that it looked nice and quiet; however, I heard that the area tends to have a lot of crime.
Has anyone ever lived there or know of the area?

I lived just south of Broadway on Lakewood for many years in a housing area and there wasnt any real crime to speak of. Lots of military in that area --- not alot of problems to my knowledge -- tho lots of housing has sprung up -- dont know which one is Bermuda Lake