USF MMS 2017-2018

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by Nikj, Jan 27, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. BullGator1004

BullGator1004

May 31, 2017
    When were you accepted and when was your application considered complete? If you don't mind my asking, why did you choose not to accept?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. thatnutritiongirl

thatnutritiongirl

May 24, 2017
    Kind of worried now that I haven't heard anything back yet. I just wish I could hear some kind of news so I can make plans moving forward. I called on Thursday and the person I spoke to told me if I haven't heard anything back, it's because they haven't made a decision on my application yet. If I am accepted or rejected, I'll receive an email.

4. BullGator1004

BullGator1004

May 31, 2017
    Tuesday will mark 9 weeks that they've had my application and I feel the same way you do; I just want to know something so that I can plan for the future. You're not alone!

5. drdeeppockets

drdeeppockets

Jun 20, 2017
    I was accepted a little over a week ago, and have been going back and forth on deciding to attend the program or not because I was also accepted into a Masters program at UF. Ultimately, I'm planning on pursuing a Masters degree there instead of the USF MSMS. My application was marked complete around June 7th, so it took about 4 weeks to hear back from them. I believe one of the things I did that helped me was retaking the GRE (and scoring higher obviously) and have those scores updated on my application. When they update my application with new information, it kind of nudges the admissions committee to take a look at my application again. Remember they look at tons of applications so it's easy for your application to get lost in the bunch. When they look at my application, I was hoping they would look at my improved score as a sign of motivation of getting into the program, and a week later I received the email of acceptance. This is all speculation, but I truly believe that getting them to notice my application again played a big factor. My overall stats aren't very great compared to other applicants, however they all show a significant upward trend. Don't lose hope yet guys! There's probably people like me out there who were accepted but plan on relinquishing their seat. My advice is to try to find a way to have them look at your application again and show them your perseverance in getting into the program. Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  6. thatnutritiongirl

thatnutritiongirl

May 24, 2017
    My friend with a lower sgpa/cgpa than me, and the minimum gre score was accepted last week. I think what is holding me back is my MCAT score. Unfortunately, I bombed the exam. But I submitted my application anyway because everything else was fine. So I'm not really sure what's going on. I called Thursday and asked to be considered for a 3rd concentration. This waiting game is killing me though. I hope we hear back very soon!

7. BullGator1004

BullGator1004

May 31, 2017
    What three concentrations are you being considered for?

8. thatnutritiongirl

thatnutritiongirl

May 24, 2017
    1. Pre-professional
    2. Anatomy
    3. Aging and Neuroscience

9. thatnutritiongirl

thatnutritiongirl

May 24, 2017
    my friend received a rejection email today.

10. BullGator1004

BullGator1004

May 31, 2017
    Any reason to go along with it or just the generic "We regret to inform you..blah blah blah"?

11. thatnutritiongirl

thatnutritiongirl

May 24, 2017
    the classic "we regret to inform you." And then recommended applying to a certificate program. My friend was complete June 5th, same day as me and applied to 3 concentrations. So i guess if we haven't received an email yet there's still hope...

12. BullGator1004

BullGator1004

May 31, 2017
    That's what I'm trying to tell myself, but now I'm just bracing for the bad news to come to my inbox.