Western University MSMS 2026-2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bookedinscrubs

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi everyone! i recently applied to Western University's MSMS program and wanted to connect with others who are also applying. i know it's pretty early but any insight to their application timeline/program would be appreciated! i'm also applying to other schools but WesternU is my top choice (hoping to get accepted to the DO linkage pathway)
 
Last edited:
Hi. When did you submit? How long did it take to get your application verified? Have you heard anything back yet?
I also applied this month!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they take AACOMAS applications for review? Because i submitted for their DO program but would also like to be considered for this program
 
Has anyone heard back from the COMP Linkage interview yet? I had my interview back on January 15th, but haven’t received any follow up email. I’m curious if they come to the conclusion of acceptance after they conduct and complete their MSMS interviews. (still haven’t received a date for the MSMS interview yet)
 
Has anyone heard back from the COMP Linkage interview yet? I had my interview back on January 15th, but haven’t received any follow up email. I’m curious if they come to the conclusion of acceptance after they conduct and complete their MSMS interviews. (still haven’t received a date for the MSMS interview yet)
I interviewed for COMP on March 3rd and my interviewer said it will take a while to hear back. I'm also waiting to have my MSMS interview.
 
Received an email Wednesday (3/11) about “MSMS Interview Invitation Timeline Update,” with the details, “If you are invited for an interview, you will receive an email with your invitation and scheduling details, so please keep an eye on your inbox during that time.” Any updates from anyone else as well?
 
Received an email Wednesday (3/11) about “MSMS Interview Invitation Timeline Update,” with the details, “If you are invited for an interview, you will receive an email with your invitation and scheduling details, so please keep an eye on your inbox during that time.” Any updates from anyone else as well?
I didn't receive this email but I did interview with COMP in early March. Maybe they're sending emails out in batches?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get an email today to schedule an interview for MSMS? I got the email announcement on Wednesday, but I'm curious if anyone got an interview invite today?
I got an interview invitation today for MSMS. Scheduled for 3/23
 
Last edited:
Oh-did you apply early or late in the cycle?? Unfortunately, I didn't get an invite today, so I'm hoping that it's because I applied towards the en do the cycle...
I submitted in December. Yes, hopefully it's just something that has to do with when you submitted. Did you already interview for COMP?
 
Oh...did the interview specify that the interview was only for MSMS? Also, did you apply in February??
Yeah, pretty much just said this:
“We are very pleased to inform you that you have been selected to interview with WesternU’s College of Health Sciences, Master of Science in Medical Sciences (MSMS) program. ”

I’m pretty sure I specified MSMS with DO linkage only. Also I got my app verified February 17th.
 
Has anyone else gotten interviews for MSMS? If so, how are you prepping? Also, do you think we'll hear back within 2 weeks or more like til May as I've seen the trend be for past cohorts?
 
Has anyone else gotten interviews for MSMS? If so, how are you prepping? Also, do you think we'll hear back within 2 weeks or more like til May as I've seen the trend be for past cohorts?

I’m hoping we hear back end of April at the latest? Since their website states: “Registration for incoming students typically takes place April 21 – May 2.”

I’ve just been reviewing the interview packet and refreshing myself on: 1) their mission statement; 2) their programs; 3) matching my experiences to 1) and 2) to show why I’d be a fit. Trying to come up with questions too to ask them.

How about you?
 
hi everyone, so glad you guys are here! my MSMS interview is also on 3/23 (afternoon session) i had 2 DO interviews within the last 2 weeks so i have not yet prepped for this interview and not really sure how to go about it ahh
 
hi everyone, so glad you guys are here! my MSMS interview is also on 3/23 (afternoon session) i had 2 DO interviews within the last 2 weeks so i have not yet prepped for this interview and not really sure how to go about it ahh

Congrats on the DO interviews! Honestly, I don’t see these interviews being that much different than the DO ones - except being more focused on behavioral questions rather than DO vs MD or other healthcare professions.

How did you prepare for your DO interviews?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the DO interviews! Honestly, I don’t see these interviews being that much different than the DO ones - except being more focused on behavioral questions rather than DO vs MD or other healthcare professions.

How did you prepare for your DO interviews?
thank you so much! i mostly prepared using SDN school-specific interview questions, for this one i have been practicing why MSMS and brainstorming "tell me about a time when..." and "what would you do if..." behavioral questions, also prepared myself to be ready to acknowledge academic readiness
 
Anyone from (today) 3/23 wanna break down what the day went like. You don't have to spoil it but details on how the day went structure wise would be helpful so we can prep. Like were there breaks ect... ?
 
Anyone from (today) 3/23 wanna break down what the day went like. You don't have to spoil it but details on how the day went structure wise would be helpful so we can prep. Like were there breaks ect... ?
Be prepared to sign in, have an intro, then be assigned your interview time. If you're first, you only get about 15 min til your interview starts. Otherwise, you have a longer break but need to stay signed on. Good luck!
 
Thanks so much HyperionVoid. Im sure your efforts and dedication to the field didn't go un noticed. If you want this program i'm confident you will get your spot. Best regards.
 
Be prepared to sign in, have an intro, then be assigned your interview time. If you're first, you only get about 15 min til your interview starts. Otherwise, you have a longer break but need to stay signed on. Good luck!

Adding to this! For our morning group, there was 8 of us. Pairs were assigned for a 30 minute time slot, then they separated the pairs into individual breakout rooms.
So like 9:30 to 10:00; 10:05 to 10:35; etc

Each of us was interviewed by two of the faculty. The academic counselors and Dr, Licero Campbell were nice enough to clarify the interview cycle or any questions we were concerned about during the waiting period.

Also there was a Q&A with current students/former MSMS students at the end of the afternoon session. You could join that using the same link from the email confirming your interview.
 
Be prepared to sign in, have an intro, then be assigned your interview time. If you're first, you only get about 15 min til your interview starts. Otherwise, you have a longer break but need to stay signed on. Good luck!
I could be overthinking this but “have an intro” meaning we should have one prepared outside of the interview or that there is an overall introduction when we log in?
 
I could be overthinking this but “have an intro” meaning we should have one prepared outside of the interview or that there is an overall introduction when we log in?
They will introduce the program before you're assigned your interview time.
 
How are you feeling post interview? I am excited and nervous but what ever happens I know that I will make the most of it.
 
How are you feeling post interview? I am excited and nervous but what ever happens I know that I will make the most of it.
Just in case, did you have a backup plan?

I’m feeling the same way. I felt I put my best foot forward, I just hope they feel the same way towards me as an applicant.
 
Did they ever mention how many interviews overall they were doing/still had to go?

If I remember correctly, they said they were doing more interviews next week?

I’d double check with admissions to confirm the dates
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just in case, did you have a backup plan?

I’m feeling the same way. I felt I put my best foot forward, I just hope they feel the same way towards me as an applicant.
Im sure they will. They liked everyone they gave an interview to. As for me my main goal remains the same, I applied to this program because they recommended it to me. I applied to their DMD program and still haven't heard back and after attending more open houses at different schools I realized how super competitive it is. My stats (although good overall) as an applicant could use a boost. If I don't get into anything, my plan is to keep working and stay on track with my current plans. Give it a go next cycle, and keep on till Im in. No matter what we get better and better if we keep pursuing.
 
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has any insight into the MSMS programs schedule of classes. Is it all in person M-F throughout the whole program?