Using 4 psychiatry letters for ERAS

Started by buggyboo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

buggyboo

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I made the mistake of using 4 psych LORs for ERAS. Will there be any issue with that? I do have an IM letter, but I didn't utilize it and it doesn't appear there is a way to undo it.
 
I'd look at the websites for the specific programs you applied to. Some programs say things like "at least 3 letters, 2 of which must be from psychiatrists;" or "at least one letter must be from a specialty other than psychiatry." I think even some just say "at least 3 letters" and don't specify further.

Good luck!
 
I made the mistake of using 4 psych LORs for ERAS. Will there be any issue with that? I do have an IM letter, but I didn't utilize it and it doesn't appear there is a way to undo it.

I would call ERAS and see if you are able to switch assignments. I'm not sure why you would ask 4 people in psychiatry to write you a letter AND get others to do it as well.
 
Why are you worried? I am an IMG, applied with 4 psych LORs, had 15+ IVs. I am not sure if its different for US MDs, but I cannot see the problem with using only psych LORs.