General Admissions & OTCAS Using a paid service for personal statement editing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

therapist2be

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I know I ask a lot of questions regarding the personal statement, but I finally finished it a few weeks back. I'm having difficulty, however with getting it reviewed. I want to make sure it's perfect but so far I only have a close friend who will review it, which I'm still waiting on. I can no longer use my university career services office because it's been a year since I've graduated and they only allow it up to six months after graduation. I want someone familiar with the field or graduate school admissions to review it as well. I've asked if anyone on here would be willing to review it, but I only got one response and I'm still waiting on that as well. So, I've come across a few paid services through a google search because at this point I might be willing to pay and was wondering if anyone has ever gone through them or can recommend a similar service.

The ones I'm considering are:

EssayEdge
EditYour
DLAEditors
and basically any of them I can find through a google search.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am a practicing OT and author of the Gotta Be OT blog. I'm actually considering starting a side business of reviewing OT student applications/personal statements and I'm currently looking for people who are willing to allow me to review their materials FOR FREE in exchange for reviews/feedback on their experience and eventual outcomes as I build a client base.

If you are open to it, I would be happy to review your materials and give you some feedback and suggestions FOR FREE. I will not share your materials or information with anyone, and I only ask for honest feedback and follow-up in return. If you are interested, you can email me at [email protected] for more information about my background in writing/editing, my credentials and qualifications, and my experience and I'd be happy to talk with you. Either way, good luck finding a trustworthy editor and with the application process!

Reactions: 1 users
I could review it as well if you like. I'm starting school in the fall. My sister, who got into pharmacy school, told me my first draft was too fluffy. I think that comes from my psych/social work background. They want it to be straight to the point but show your passion and what took you on this path to OT. I did a lot of revision and condensing. Feel free to shoot me a message if you're interested. The offer above sounds awesome as well. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I could review it as well if you like. I'm starting school in the fall. My sister, who got into pharmacy school, told me my first draft was too fluffy. I think that comes from my psych/social work background. They want it to be straight to the point but show your passion and what took you on this path to OT. I did a lot of revision and condensing. Feel free to shoot me a message if you're interested. The offer above sounds awesome as well. Good luck!
Would you be willing to take a look at mine as well?

Would you be willing to take a look at mine as well?
I can but I probably won’t be able to get it back to you until thanksgiving break. Super swamped until then

I can but I probably won’t be able to get it back to you until thanksgiving break. Super swamped until then
Oh, that's ok! I've actually found 6 people to read it now, any more and I think my mind might burst! Thanks for your offer though!