Using RXPrep 2012/2011 for 2014 exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kendrick lamar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Wondering if it mattered if I used an RXPrep 2012 or 2011 for studying for the NAPLEX for this year. Really don't want to spend $150, but I also need a good review for both the NAPLEX and rotations in general.

Members don't see this ad.

That's just plain dumb....There's times to be cheap and there's times not to be... can you pass with the old book, of course, should you... let's see...$150 for new book. You fail and you can't get licensed for 3 months at $10,000 a month...maybe the new book has that one extra info that made you get a 75 instead of a 74... this along with when they ask you would you like the budget parachute when skydiving is when you should splurge...resist the temptation to keep being a *******, buy the new book cause....

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I would just get the new one - there's a lot of updates on the lipid, hypertension, and diabetes guidelines....also they added 3 new chapters of disease states and expanded the ID section

Members don't see this ad :)
I would recommend to buy the new one! Trust me, I only studied the latest version of RxPrep last year and passed NAPLEX with decent score:)

I would recommend to buy the new one! Trust me, I only studied the latest version of RxPrep last year and passed NAPLEX with decent score:)

So you used the one I'm studying with right now. Did you feel like anything was missing? Seems like there's way too much info on TPNs in the calculations section...

For anyone who recently took the Naplex, do you know if the specifics of the new guidelines like BP goals for 2014 in diabetics were emphasized on the Naplex as stated in Rxprep? There are some new updates and the goal appears to be 140/90 according to AHA, but in the Diabetes chapter it states BP goal to <140/80? does it really matter? Should you still choose an ACEI or ARBs for DM pts or initiate Thiazide or CCB?

For anyone who recently took the Naplex, do you know if the specifics of the new guidelines like BP goals for 2014 in diabetics were emphasized on the Naplex as stated in Rxprep? There are some new updates and the goal appears to be 140/90 according to AHA, but in the Diabetes chapter it states BP goal to <140/80? does it really matter? Should you still choose an ACEI or ARBs for DM pts or initiate Thiazide or CCB?

don't think you should risk it. You would know the new guidelines