Using RxPrep before and during pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JavariPharmD23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently pre-pharm. I’ll be attending pharmacy school next year. I was wondering if I should buy the RxPrep book before Pharmacy school and familiarize myself with some of the topics before I attend? Do you think this would be helpful to me? If not what's your advise to help a pre-pharmacy student transition to pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

If you can get one for cheap, sure, why not. But you're gonna need the up-to-date version when you take the Naplex. So wouldn't recommend spending 200$ for the 2019 version now. It is definitely helpful having the book while you're attending school, rotations and for studying naplex after graduation. If you really want to study ahead, that's your choice but enjoy the sunshine! Go explore the fall! Because once you start school..there will be no mercy :')

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, having recently passed my Naplex, I don’t see the value in having the rxprep book as a P1. I wouldn’t have had any use for it, looking back to my P1 year. It’s so much information, and sections of it will probably be outdated by the time your Naplex comes around anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
Nah don't bother studying RxPrep before going to pharmacy school. Right now your time would be better spent studying current pharmacist job market outlook and business trends. Your career may benefit more in the long run.