USMLE/COMLEX Step 1 Study Buddy Megathread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the interest of making SDN a more helpful place, we have decided to create a megathread to make it easier for users to find people to study with. In the past, these types of threads were moved to the Classifieds Forum, but we felt they were quickly drowned out by the ads there. As such, we've created this thread!

Some helpful things to include in your post:
1) Test Date: Month & Year
2) Location: City, State, Country
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning ---> Content Review ---> Practice Tests (whatever you want to put here)
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person or Either. USMLE or COMLEX.
5) Goal of Study Buddy: ex. Review, Motivation, Questions, etc.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: ex. FT job or FT student, etc

Reminders:
- This thread is NOT to be used to buy/sell materials - report it if you see it.
- This thread is NOT to be used to advertise/spam - report it if you see it.
- Be sure to check this thread often!

If you find someone that could be a good match, reply to their message here & PM them too! Do NOT post private/personal information on this thread! Be cautious when disclosing personal information and if you do not know someone meet new study buddies in safe, public places.

We hope this helps. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi, looking for a Skype USMLE Step 1 study buddy/partner for daily review FA and/or other resources for regular 2-3 hours or more. Looking to go at a relatively quick pace and for someone committed to consistent time and effort. Inbox if interested. Thanks!

1) Test Date: Aug/September 2019

2) Location: Eastern Standard Time

3) Stage of Studying: Have been through most resources already, looking to do a quicker run through now.

4) Type of Study Buddy: Online . USMLE Step 1

5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, support, helping e/o stick to regular time & routine.

6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Looking to start ASAP.

Hi, looking for a Skype USMLE Step 1 study buddy/partner for daily review FA and/or other resources for regular 2-3 hours or more. Looking to go at a relatively quick pace and for someone committed to consistent time and effort. Inbox if interested. Thanks!

1) Test Date: Aug/September 2019

2) Location: Eastern Standard Time

3) Stage of Studying: Have been through most resources already, looking to do a quicker run through now.

4) Type of Study Buddy: Online . USMLE Step 1

5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, support, helping e/o stick to regular time & routine.

6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Looking to start ASAP.
R U still looking for study partner ?
Im up for it

Any US/American med student taking Step 1 soon or preparing for it , let me know.

The only study buddies I could find were IMG/FMG who have been studyin for this exam for 2-3 years and just aren't consistent with keeping time as study parnters

I'm looking for someone to quiz me or I quiz them on topics/areas/Common presentations. Dont care if you r IMG or FMG or w/e, exam to be taken in 2-3 months best if u finished uworld 1x

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey looking for a USMLE Step 1 study buddy preferably in person and female in the bay area.

1) Test Date: July/August 2020
2) Location:
San Jose, CA
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning ! Have a lot to review
4) Type of Study Buddy: In-Person but can do online (Skype, etc.)
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation, review, really someone to keep me on track

Reactions: 3 users
Any US/American med student taking Step 1 soon or preparing for it , let me know.

The only study buddies I could find were IMG/FMG who have been studyin for this exam for 2-3 years and just aren't consistent with keeping time as study parnters

I'm looking for someone to quiz me or I quiz them on topics/areas/Common presentations
Hey where are you located?

Hey looking for a USMLE Step 1 study buddy preferably in person and female in the bay area.

2) Location:
San Jose, CA

OH MAN YOUR test date is toooo far away lol

Hi,

I am a Caribbean Medical Student, who had to take a break from school due to severe test and social anxiety problems. I am back on track now. I have completed MS2. I was hoping to get a study buddy. I will be writing the school's CBSE at the end of November 2019 and hope to write USMLE Step 1 sometime in JAN 2020

I am Canadian (in Ontario) and wouldn't mind in person or online study buddy. I have am currently going through the material again as it's been several months since I gone over the material. I wish to have a buddy to help Motivate me to stay on track and review with on a weekly basis. I am currently not working and focusing on studying.

Please email me if you would like to study with me. Email ID: [email protected]

IMG looking to start serious Step1 prep using UFAP materials.Looking for online female study partners. Thank you.

Hello,
I am interested. I am planning on taking my USMLE STEP 1 by the end of this year. Not sure if you have found anyone yet, but I would like to join you. I am from Houston, Texas. If we are unable to meet up in person, I am willing to Skype. Please personal message me for planning a schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I am interested in a study partner too. Currently, I study in the Sunnyvale library and balance out with exercise by going to the gym closeby. Since I do not drive is it possible for us to study in Sunnyvale? MON-FRI

Since ou post is nearly 10 months old, are you still interested in group study?

US medical student, female, mid-west location (preferably in IL), who is looking for a serious study partner. I am taking Step in Jan.

Please no IMG/FMG
PM me!

I am US-medical student looking for a student for reviewing via online.

Time: approximately 6am-7am CST

USA About me: Taking exam at end of the year.

Completed UWorld 1x and all systems review.

You = have Completed 2,500+ UWorld questions 1x *and* completed review of all systems at least once. Taking exam in next 3 months.

No beginners please.

Doing a throught second-pass review -Biochem, Immune, GI, Pysch, Neuro--at the moment

Either FA oral-quiz-based or UWORLD questions.

*I will be taking my exam THIS YEAR so if you are also taking exam this year/ish then reply soon*

Every day or 4 times a week for ~one hour.

Please keep punctual with time and I don't like people who cancel at last minute or otherwise not respectful of study-partner's time.

I am US-medical student looking for a student for reviewing via online.

Time: approximately 6am-7am CST

USA About me: Taking exam at end of the year.

Completed UWorld 1x and all systems review.

You = have Completed 2,500+ UWorld questions 1x *and* completed review of all systems at least once. Taking exam in next 3 months.

No beginners please.

Doing a throught second-pass review -Biochem, Immune, GI, Pysch, Neuro--at the moment

Either FA oral-quiz-based or UWORLD questions.

*I will be taking my exam THIS YEAR so if you are also taking exam this year/ish then reply soon*

Every day or 4 times a week for ~one hour.

Please keep punctual with time and I don't like people who cancel at last minute or otherwise not respectful of study-partner's time.

Hello have you gotten a study partner yet?

Hello,
I am interested. I am planning on taking my USMLE STEP 1 by the end of this year. Not sure if you have found anyone yet, but I would like to join you. I am from Houston, Texas. If we are unable to meet up in person, I am willing to Skype. Please personal message me for planning a schedule.

Hello , I am available and also taking it toward end of the year or early 2020 we can study together via Skype

Hi,

I am a Caribbean Medical Student, who had to take a break from school due to severe test and social anxiety problems. I am back on track now. I have completed MS2. I was hoping to get a study buddy. I will be writing the school's CBSE at the end of November 2019 and hope to write USMLE Step 1 sometime in JAN 2020

I am Canadian (in Ontario) and wouldn't mind in person or online study buddy. I have am currently going through the material again as it's been several months since I gone over the material. I wish to have a buddy to help Motivate me to stay on track and review with on a weekly basis. I am currently not working and focusing on studying.

Hello have you gotten a study partner yet, I am available to study via Skype or google hangouts

US medical student, female, mid-west location (preferably in IL), who is looking for a serious study partner. I am taking Step in Jan.

Please no IMG/FMG
PM me!

Can't PM you; please PM me if you're interested.
@Blusky#1 PM if you're interested as well. Thanks!

1) Test Date: Jan 2020
2) Location: Andersonville/Lakeview, Chicago, IL
3) Stage of Studying: Advanced stages
4) Type of Study Buddy: In-person only. USMLE or COMLEX, doesn't matter to me.
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivate each other to sit down in a cafe and study, bounce a question/subject off each other occasionally
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: prefer female/LGBTQ+ but prioritizing *focused* student of any gender/sexual orientation, US or IMG irrelevant

Last edited:
1) Test Date: May/June 2020
2) Location: Houston Area, TX
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person. USMLE
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Accountability+ active review when necessary
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: US; would like someone who is taking a bite sized approach (tackling content/questions/anki a little bit at a time). Using UFAPS + Anki

2) Location:
San Jose, CA
Hai are you still searching for a study partner? I live near San Jose and searching for a live study partner for Step 1

Hi,

Hi,

I am interested if you still need someone. I had a similar issue as well. Need someone to stay motivated and on track now.

1) Test Date: Dec 2020 tentative
2) Location: Australia
3) Stage of Studying: Havent started, still making a study plan
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online But wow if you’re studying from australia please let me know!
5) Goal of Study Buddy: accountability, motivate each other, to discuss questions from content. Share resources
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: am starting my first year of internship so will be studying and working. If anyone is in the same boat and would like to plan together will be great!

Hello folks, looking for live step 1 study partner in Chicago. I am an IMG who just graduated. Please inbox me here if you're interested. Thanks and have a good day!

my timeline may 2020
for online skype,
my stage is content review resources ufaps anki kaplan select Ln's only
looking for SP for accountibility , motivation

my timeline may 2020
for online skype,
Hi, I am looking for an accountability buddy myself, STEP 1 in July, Skype/Facetime ok (I am in NY), hours can be coordinated. Please let me know if ur interested? thanks!

2) Location: Phoenix, AZ
3) Stage of Studying: Beginner and would like to discuss and finalize the approach
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online but would like to meet if some one available from Phoenix area.
5) Goal of Study Buddy: accountability, motivate each other, to discuss questions from content. Share resources

Hi
I am interested in a study partner too. Currently, I study in the Sunnyvale library and balance out with exercise by going to the gym closeby. Since I do not drive is it possible for us to study in Sunnyvale? MON-FRI

Sorry just saw this im at the SCU library you can email me

Looking for a full time study partner. Doesn't necesarily mean we study with each other but would be nice to quiz and motivate one another. Currently studying M-F 9-6

Hi

Sorry just saw this im at the SCU library you can email me
Looking for a full time study partner. Doesn't necesarily mean we study with each other but would be nice to quiz and motivate one another. Currently studying M-F 9-6
Merging into megathread

1) Test Date: Not yet Scheduled
2) Location: Panama City, Panama
3) Stage of Studying: Beginner, still gathering resources and planning a schedule
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online (can be via Skype)
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation, help to organize materials, studying.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: IMG, doing Intern Year Full Time.

Study hours can be during the evening. I'm EST time.

1) Test Date: NOV 2020
2) Location: santa clara/sunnyvale, California
4) Type of Study Buddy: Either. USMLE
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, Motivation, Questions
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: I am an IMG

Hi

Hi I am starting to study in sunnyvale library from today. if you are still open for group study I would like have chat.

my timeline may 2020
for online skype,
hey i am most definitely interested in this. we have the same tentative test date too. would video call work?

1) Test Date: Not yet Scheduled
2) Location: Panama City, Panama
3) Stage of Studying: Beginner, still gathering resources and planning a schedule
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online (can be via Skype)
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation, help to organize materials, studying.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: IMG, doing Intern Year Full Time.

Study hours can be during the evening. I'm EST time.
hey i would be down for this. PM me

1) Test Date: May/June 2020
2) Location: Houston Area, TX
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person. USMLE
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Accountability+ active review when necessary
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: US; would like someone who is taking a bite sized approach (tackling content/questions/anki a little bit at a time). Using UFAPS + Anki
Hey id be interested for online study! pm me

hi I am an IMG currently in Guyana , looking for a study partner who is very dedicateD any where around the world with whom we could plan out a schedule and study together .

1) Test Date: Dec 2020
2) Location: Georegtown , Guyana
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online
5) Goal of Study Buddy: High yield materials ,Motivation, Questions
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Currently completing my internship year

Last edited:
2) Location: Australia
3) Stage of Studying: Havent started, still making a study plan
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online But wow if you’re studying from australia please let me know!
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: am starting my first year of internship so will be studying and working. If anyone is in the same boat and would like to plan together will be great!
hey i am interested. pm me

1) Test Date: NOV 2020
2) Location: santa clara/sunnyvale, California
4) Type of Study Buddy: Either. USMLE
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, Motivation, Questions
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: I am an IMG
hey you still looking

Reactions: 1 users