USMLE/COMLEX Step 1 Study Buddy Megathread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the interest of making SDN a more helpful place, we have decided to create a megathread to make it easier for users to find people to study with. In the past, these types of threads were moved to the Classifieds Forum, but we felt they were quickly drowned out by the ads there. As such, we've created this thread!

Some helpful things to include in your post:
1) Test Date: Month & Year
2) Location: City, State, Country
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning ---> Content Review ---> Practice Tests (whatever you want to put here)
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person or Either. USMLE or COMLEX.
5) Goal of Study Buddy: ex. Review, Motivation, Questions, etc.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: ex. FT job or FT student, etc

Reminders:
- This thread is NOT to be used to buy/sell materials - report it if you see it.
- This thread is NOT to be used to advertise/spam - report it if you see it.
- Be sure to check this thread often!

If you find someone that could be a good match, reply to their message here & PM them too! Do NOT post private/personal information on this thread! Be cautious when disclosing personal information and if you do not know someone meet new study buddies in safe, public places.

We hope this helps. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Final year here in London needing a study buddy to excel on this exam as partners

1) Test Date: End of April- June 2020
2) Location: London, UK
3) Stage of Studying: Content review, practice tests
4) Type of Study Buddy: Either. USMLE
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation, in-person study time, flash card quizzes
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Final year medic in London

1) Test Date: April/May/June 2019

2) Location: Central Standard Time

3) Stage of Studying: Have been through most resources already, looking to do a quicker run through now.

4) Type of Study Buddy: In Person. USMLE Step 1

5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, support, helping e/o stick to regular time & routine.

6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: available to start whenever, also study with a Caribbean Grad (2019)

Hello everybody,
I am a final year med student in Europe ( at the US now) and have 7-8 weeks of dedicated time till my Step1 exam. Planning to give my exam at the end of May.
I am looking for a study partner for motivating each other and finishing FA together once in this month. I am currently done with Uworld once, FA 2 times, B&B. Did around 240s in NBMEs but that was 2 months ago and I had a break (US rotations) after that. Now restudying. Please lmk if you're interested studying together, I can't waste my time for people who are not dedicated and are not serious about really studying. So please email me if you're serious. I would be available for studying together during afternoons/evening (Central time) Also please don't misunderstand that but I am having a hard time understanding some Indian and Chinese accents so it would be better if I could find someone from Europe or US, or we can try to talk and see if we can understand each other.
Thanks!
Email: [email protected]

Hello everybody,
I am a final year med student in Europe ( at the US now) and have 7-8 weeks of dedicated time till my Step1 exam. Planning to give my exam at the end of May.
I am looking for a study partner for motivating each other and finishing FA together once in this month. I am currently done with Uworld once, FA 2 times, B&B. Did around 240s in NBMEs but that was 2 months ago and I had a break (US rotations) after that. Now restudying. Please lmk if you're interested studying together, I can't waste my time for people who are not dedicated and are not serious about really studying. So please email me if you're serious. I would be available for studying together during afternoons/evening (Central time) Also please don't misunderstand that but I am having a hard time understanding some Indian and Chinese accents so it would be better if I could find someone from Europe or US, or we can try to talk and see if we can understand each other.
Thanks!
Email: [email protected]

• Hmm
Hi Everyone! Looking for a study partner who is about 9-10 months from taking Step 1 (January 2021), also happy to work with some one taking it late this year (November/December 2020). Hoping to do 2-3 hours of studying a day, likely revising First Aid, and doing questions. Please message me if interested! We could meet virtually via Zoom.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ladies and gents looking for study buddy
Online (zoom works)
Step 1 250+ goal
Dedicated (exam date is pending due to covid but planned for late June)
Phase of studying is mostly Qbanks (UWorld) and some content review (would def be down to review weak topics like biochem, gen pharm, and genetics even talk out some HY pathoma topics)
PM me Lets get this bread!

1) Test Date: August/september 2020
2) Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3) Stage of Studying: Have written 3 assesments scoring around 230s (with one pass of materials), Still have 60% of uworld to cover, and many questions to cover. Goal is 260+
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation/company, Questions discussion
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: FT student

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Final year here in London needing a study buddy to excel on this exam as partners

1) Test Date: End of April- June 2020
2) Location: London, UK
3) Stage of Studying: Content review, practice tests
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation, in-person study time, flash card quizzes
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Final year medic in London
hey are you still interested in a study buddy?

Hello looking for a study buddy to sort of do Uworld or Rx questions with me for STEP 1 exam, we can discuss it and also see our thought process behind answering a question. maybe 1-2 hours a day
i think we can learn a lot from each other that way

3) Stage of Studying: Have written 3 assesments scoring around 230s (with one pass of materials), Still have 60% of uworld to cover, and many questions to cover. Goal is 260+
hey are you still looking because im down

Hi! I'm IMG currently living in South Dakota. Planning to take the step 1 in November 2020. Looking for WhatsApp study buddy. I already went through 80% of material. Missing Behavioral Science, currently finishing Neurology. I need somebody to make a study plan with, review, motivate, give each other tips and mnemonics. Whatever works. Message if interested

Hi! I'm IMG currently living in South Dakota. Planning to take the step 1 in November 2020. Looking for WhatsApp study buddy. I already went through 80% of material. Missing Behavioral Science, currently finishing Neurology. I need somebody to make a study plan with, review, motivate, give each other tips and mnemonics. Whatever works. Message if interested

Good Morning Momik 162. Im IMG looking for studay partner. email me if still interested \[email protected]. Thank you

Taking exam in mid-August- looking to go over and discuss UWorld Qs +/- review Anki; only interested if able to consistently commit to DAILY sessions of up to 2-3 hours leading to exam. EST zone- Please message me ASAP as I would like to get as much done as possible and motivation/ company would be helpful for retention and maintaining a regular routine w/o burn out! Thanks

1) Test Date: mid-August 2020

2) Location: EST (US MD)

3) Stage of Studying:
- Much of UWorld still left to cover (~50% ): aim to cover at least 60 Qs/day w/o rushing or being too slow
*taking the time to thoroughly cover full length of UWorld explanation (not just educational objective) with someone to aid in question interpretation and improve recognition of various images/ audio files (eg. heart sounds) within the scope of Step 1
- review self-made Anki cards together to utilize spaced repetition and aid in retention/ understanding (slow is fast)
- no GOAL score in mind atm: just aiming to do the best I can do while avoiding failure

4) Type of Study Buddy: Skype ONLY (no webcam necessary, audio/ screen-sharing works just fine); USMLE Step 1

5) Goal of Study Buddy:
- Due to COVID-19, my exam has been rescheduled to August from its original date in April. Therefore, working with others would help me stick to a regimented schedule that promotes accountability, understanding, and active learning strategies.
- 2 minds > 1 mind
- w/i next 5 weeks, complete remainder of UWorld Qs together (ALL systems and subjects combined) → create own Anki cards (which I can immediately share following session if you too decide to add to your own deck)
- assistance completing due Anki cards +/- new cards: these add up quickly and tend to take up a lot of the day since my pace is much slower when I'm not reviewing with someone → avoid falling too far behind + to aid in high-yield discussions/ integration of content, identify weaknesses in understanding, strengthen retention, and speed recall (especially useful strategy for pharmacology)
- this is an opportunity for 2 strangers who may or may not ever meet to help each other along in their respective journeys in medicine. Let's focus on improving our performance with honest feedback, a commitment to oneself and the study buddy, and a chill vibe

6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other:
- WANT/NEED to start ASAP
- Only contact me if you are able to commit DAILY for either at least 2-3 hours sessions and/ or up to 6 hours over the NEXT 5 WEEKS (~until mid-August). Consistency and routine are VITAL at this stage.
- Ideal hours would be:
* 4a-12p (mainly UWorld Qs +/- NEW Anki cards)
* 1-4p (Uworld + review Anki cards)
* 5:30-7p (review Anki cards only → aids in accountability/ productivity during late evening hours)

Thanks and gluck to everyone!

1) Test Date: NOV 2020
2) Location: santa clara/sunnyvale, California
3) Stage of Studying:
1st pass of first aid,kaplan and pathoma.
60%kaplan Q-bank.
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, Motivation, Questions
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: I am an IMG

1) Test Date: Dec 2020 tentative
2) Location: Australia
3) Stage of Studying: Havent started, still making a study plan
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online But wow if you’re studying from australia please let me know!
5) Goal of Study Buddy: accountability, motivate each other, to discuss questions from content. Share resources
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: am starting my first year of internship so will be studying and working. If anyone is in the same boat and would like to plan together will be great!

Hi there, I am a postgrad med student in Melbourne looking to take Step 1 at the end of this year or early next year. Keen to study together and discuss question banks/share resources!

) Test Date: December 2020 - February 2021
3) Stage of Studying: Finished my pre-clinical year and has just started the UFAP system.
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online for now given COVID.
5) Goal of Study Buddy: it is hard to find someone around me who's preparing for step 1, so definitely looking to get a study buddy to keep each other motivated, but also to discussion questions and share resources.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: N/A

Hi, I am IMG from india currently in fremont california...preparing for usmle step 1 and looking for a study partner..If anyone intrested plz text me

1) Test Date: FEB 2001
2) Location: Henderson, NV
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person or Either.
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, Motivation, Questions, Tutor
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other:

Looking for someone to study the USMLE Step 1 /CSBE exam. DM ME or email me [email protected]

i

Looking to start a study group dm me or email me [email protected] if interested.

1) Test Date: December 2021 - February 2022
3) Stage of Studying: Currently a 5th year medical student studying for penultimate-year biomedical exams, looking to start preparing seriously for the USMLE (early stages of planning)
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online (given COVID)
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation, Resource-Sharing, Question Discussion

Hey everyone!
Im looking for a person with whom we could study and make a study plan together and most importantly follow it ;)

1) Test Date: end of 2021
2) Location: USA
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online for USMLE 1
5) Goal of Study Buddy: to find someone to create a daily plan and motivate each other. Also review material, do and answer questions together on UW, ANKi.

Anyone interested in reviewing FA....for yhe second time...currently using Amboss!!!...
P.S i am in the CST zone

Hi! :)

1) Test Date: Feb 2021
2) Location: Texas - CST
3) Stage of Studying: First pass FA, UWorld, Pathoma
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person or Either for USMLE
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, Motivation - more for sched, goal accountability and some discussion
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: IMG from Philippines (graduated 2018)

1) Test Date: March 2021
2) Location: Lauderdale/FL/USA (EASTERN TIME)
3) Stage of Studying: FIRST PASS/ Beginning --- (At GI SYSTEM in FA)
4) Type of Study Buddy: Either Online or In-person. USMLE STEP 1
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation if online. Questions if in person.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: NON US IMG ( Caribbean) GRADUATED 2015 as MD

Interested in forming a whatsapp support group or just one on one talking ! PLEASE reply or private message me or email [email protected]!

5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, Motivation - more for sched, goal accountability and some discussion
Hi i'm interested! email me on [email protected]

1) Test Date: MARCH 2021
2) Location: SOUTH FLORIDA
3) Stage of Studying: First pass FA, UWorld, Pathoma, B&B
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Review, Motivation, discuss
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: IMG from India... but born and brought up in South Florida

I'm down for study mate...Alabama here

Anyone looking to study via zoom for USMLE? Let me know if you would like to attend. What works best for you and please add me to your contact on zoom. [email protected]. My phone is 702 209 9950. Nam

Anyone looking to study via zoom for USMLE? Let me know if you would like to attend. What works best for you and please add me to your contact on zoom. [email protected]. My phone is 702 209 9950. Nam

Hi my name is Vanessa :) It's nice to meet you all!​

I'm looking for a step 1 study buddy at the moment. You can feel free to pm me if you are also looking for a step 1 study buddy.

1) Test Date: Jan 2022

2) Location: San Antonio Tx

3) Stage of Studying: Content Review

4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person

5) Goal of Study Buddy: ex. Go over Step 1 Uworld q's together

Hi my name is Shamayal and I'm studying for USMLE Step 1

1) I plan on giving my step 1 in May 2022
2) I am from Valley Stream(Long Island), NY, USA
3) I have been studying for many months, intermediate level in my study(more than a beginner but not comfortable with high paced review yet)
4)I want preferably an in person study partner but online is also okay with me

Thanks

Hi my name is Shamayal and I'm studying for USMLE Step 1

1) I plan on giving my step 1 in May 2022
2) I am from Valley Stream(Long Island), NY, USA
3) I have been studying for many months, intermediate level in my study(more than a beginner but not comfortable with high paced review yet)
4)I want preferably an in person study partner but online is also okay with me

Thanks
Hi Shamayal, my name is Catie, and I am in a very similar situation to yours.

1) I plan on taking my Step 1 by April 2022
2) I am currently in San Francisco, CA
3) I have been studying for years, but getting nowhere.
4) Seems like virtual may be our only option!

1) Test Date: May 2022

2) Location: Nashville, TN (CST timezone)

3) Stage of Studying-> I'm at the near end of my prep. Here are some sample scores
76/120 on the free 120 (taken yesterday)
215 on the amboss self assessment

4) Type of Study buddy: Online but please be located in the one of the usa timezones, I can wake up early if needed. I mainly use skype but can adjust to nearly any program of your choice. I am an IMG (graduated 2020) but I was born and raised right here in the USA.

5) Goal of Study Buddy: Looking for motivated study partner to do 2 blocks a day. Since I'm near the end I ask only that my study partner has done uworld at LEAST once all the way through. I'm willing to sit and grind out the hours needed for 2 blocks a day plus explanations. I also need someone to read FA with for review, if we gel well I'm hoping we can hit that as well. I am willing to work all day as needed, I have no other obligations. I am available for study from 7 am CST till 6pm CST.

Currently I'm scoring around 210 on practice exams. My goal is to get that up to 230-240 before taking the exam in may. I can help clarify hard concepts etc. I am located in the CST timezone. Please contact me for a TRIAL READ on SDN OR on skype where my username is exactly the same TAJB3 (look for a picture of a bonsai tree) Thank you.