USMLE USMLE Help (5 Weeks out from Exam)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futur3_d0ct0r_03

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am a little more than 5 weeks out from my USMLE Step 1 Exam. Today I took my first NBME (Form 13) and scored a 194, which I am pretty bummed about. I took the AMBOSS Self Assessment in March and scored a 204, which I was hoping to consider my baseline. What can I do to improve my chances of receiving an actual score of at least a 235 by my test date? Any advice regarding resources, practice tests, UWorld, etc? Literally anything would help.

UWorld - I have completed about 55% of it since I started in February, and my first pass percentage at this time is 63% (46th percentile). I do a 40-block section with a 2 hour review every day. All of the questions I get wrong are added to a self-made Anki deck that I go through several times a week.

Pathoma - I watched all of it during the school year and have been re-watching chapters as I move throughout dedicated (I have been on dedicated for about 3 weeks now).

Boards and Beyond - I watched it during the school year and have only been re-watching the physiology portions of the relevant chapter I am on.

First Aid - I used it during the year to study, and as I move through each system throughout dedicated, I read about 10 pages every day until I finish the chapter. It takes me a long time to get through FA. Sometimes I find myself re-reading the same sentence over and over again because it's not sticking.

Sketchy Micro - I have watched all of the videos and regularly re-watch the ones that I happen to miss questions on.

Sketchy Pharm - I have watched most of them, but it's a hit or a miss.

So, what could I be doing differently to see an improvement? Am I missing something? Any advice on what you did?

Note: I go to a DO school. I score slightly above average (i.e., if a school administered exam has an average score of an 86%, I usually score about 89% - so not that big of a difference).

Members don't see this ad.

Finish Uworld. I was in the 60s and now i score in the 80s

Re-watch pathoma vids

Skim first aid or download a RX anki to rapid fire. No time to actually review the cards but its more active learning.

rewatch sketchy vids that give you issues. ( anti-virals, Fungi)

Dirty USMLE high yield images