• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

USMLE USMLE Help (5 Weeks out from Exam)

futur3_d0ct0r_03

Jan 9, 2018
  1. Medical Student
Hi!

I am a little more than 5 weeks out from my USMLE Step 1 Exam. Today I took my first NBME (Form 13) and scored a 194, which I am pretty bummed about. I took the AMBOSS Self Assessment in March and scored a 204, which I was hoping to consider my baseline. What can I do to improve my chances of receiving an actual score of at least a 235 by my test date? Any advice regarding resources, practice tests, UWorld, etc? Literally anything would help.

UWorld - I have completed about 55% of it since I started in February, and my first pass percentage at this time is 63% (46th percentile). I do a 40-block section with a 2 hour review every day. All of the questions I get wrong are added to a self-made Anki deck that I go through several times a week.

Pathoma - I watched all of it during the school year and have been re-watching chapters as I move throughout dedicated (I have been on dedicated for about 3 weeks now).

Boards and Beyond - I watched it during the school year and have only been re-watching the physiology portions of the relevant chapter I am on.

First Aid - I used it during the year to study, and as I move through each system throughout dedicated, I read about 10 pages every day until I finish the chapter. It takes me a long time to get through FA. Sometimes I find myself re-reading the same sentence over and over again because it's not sticking.

Sketchy Micro - I have watched all of the videos and regularly re-watch the ones that I happen to miss questions on.

Sketchy Pharm - I have watched most of them, but it's a hit or a miss.

So, what could I be doing differently to see an improvement? Am I missing something? Any advice on what you did?

Note: I go to a DO school. I score slightly above average (i.e., if a school administered exam has an average score of an 86%, I usually score about 89% - so not that big of a difference).

Dr.Cut.em.up

Do not seek the treasure!
2+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2017
  1. Medical Student
Finish Uworld. I was in the 60s and now i score in the 80s

Re-watch pathoma vids

Skim first aid or download a RX anki to rapid fire. No time to actually review the cards but its more active learning.

rewatch sketchy vids that give you issues. ( anti-virals, Fungi)

Dirty USMLE high yield images

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.