USMLE Rx Opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted645092

?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn’t seem to be popular on SDN but I found it very helpful in my Step 1 prep. Like you, I started it after I finished uworld. It’s not a qbank that will teach you how to think (that’s what uworld is for) but it’s good for drilling in high yield concepts. Everyone learns differently, but for me it was useful to see the same concepts presented in a different way, it definitely made me test whether I truly understand them.

As to whether it’s representative of Step 1, I don’t fully remember (repressed that day from my memory), but I think Rx has a higher number of straightforward questions. To me real Step felt like a mix of Uworld and NBMEs. However, concepts tested were all the same across the different resources.

Reactions: 1 user
Not starting it until I go back to school in August but I’ve been told by multiple upperclassmen that it’s true value is that it helps you hammer FA into your brain.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems to be the go to question bank to "burn through" during 2nd year, as to not waste any Uworld questions. The majority of people seem to go Rx/Kaplan (fall) --> Uworld (spring) --> Step 1 (summer).

Even though the majority of my search has people saying to do Rx before Uworld, I'm paranoid about not finishing Uworld in time and I'm a bit tempted to start it this fall.

it's a filler qbank...nothing really is only par with UW.

I used it during second year, switching to UWorld for dedicated. I do feel like it helped me, though. It is interactive FA.

I did ~1700 Rx questions before I moved on to UW. Thought it was a nice 2 for 1 in that it gives you practice questions while also really teaching you FA well. I thought it's good for what it is, i.e. a nice warm up Q bank for UW. The questions aren't as good from a critical thinking/problem-solving standpoint as UW questions are though