USMLE-RX or Kaplan Q-bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1987ram

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of the people who have been through step 1 could help me out here.

I recently heard that the USMLE-RX is the way to go in terms of practice questions for step 1. I am a little hesitant to chose it over kaplan simply because I know kaplan has been around for a while, and they do prep for like every exam ever made haha. However, I was not a big fan of kaplan when it came to the MCAT.

Can anyone tell me which I should use or if USMLE-RX is any good?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think Rx is great for hammering home certain concepts. Lots of repeated ways of asking different questions about the same thing.

Kaplan is just a challenging question bank. I think slightly harder than World. I definitely see why people say it is nit-picky, but I also think it is still pretty good.

I think World is still the best. But if you've got the time, do them all. Start with Rx.

I learned a lot from using Rx. If you are using FA as your guide to studying, it is good for reinforcing concepts.

I'm in the minority on SDN, but I actually felt I learned a lot more from Rx than UW. But I used both.