USMLE score for fellowship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fundamentals

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a Canadian resident that wrote the step 2 assuming a pass was all that i needed in case I wanted to apply to US fellowships and scored a pretty low (218). Is this going to have any major implications on my fellowship applications to US schools?

I'm currently studying for the step 1 in residency (also not expecting that high of a score as i'll only be studying a short while through busy rotations).

Am i pretty much out of the loop for fellowships (considering MSK, ER, or peds right now) at competitive locations? Thanks for the help!
 
Fellowships look at it, and it matters somewhat for competitive fellowships (that is, IR), but most other fellowships are not competitive, so you should be able to get into any subspecialty regardless of your score, as long as you passed.