USMLE scores and hand fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

handyman20

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
How important are USMLE scores in hand fellowship match?
Is there are difference in importance between US vs Canadian applicants?
I have written all three steps but I am wondering if a PASS is sufficient as I definitely do not have strong USMLE scores.
Any Canadians not submit scores?
Thanks in advance!
 
Fellowship training in the United States doesn't have a lot to do with USMLE scores. If you are in a U.S. plastic surgery residency, that is a pretty rigorous screen in and of itself. From what I recall from my fellowship match days, it was wayyy more important where you trained, who wrote your letters, and what your personal reputation was.