USMLE Step 1 - Possible fail...Questions from Canadian Physician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Spacecraft

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello SDN:

I am booked to write Step 1 in 10 days.
I have no covered minimal material due to studying for Canadian FM boards. At this point what would a failure do for licensing in the USA? I am writing the exam with hopes to practice in Michigan at some point. I have no more extensions left. At this point am I better off not showing up for the exam and rebooking at a later time? Or should I write with a large probably of failure given I am not ready at this point? Would a fail but eventual pass on Step 1 affect ability to get a license in certain states?

I would appreciate any input.
 
Hello SDN:

I am booked to write Step 1 in 10 days.
I have no covered minimal material due to studying for Canadian FM boards. At this point what would a failure do for licensing in the USA? I am writing the exam with hopes to practice in Michigan at some point. I have no more extensions left. At this point am I better off not showing up for the exam and rebooking at a later time? Or should I write with a large probably of failure given I am not ready at this point? Would a fail but eventual pass on Step 1 affect ability to get a license in certain states?

I would appreciate any input.

I wouldn't take it. Let the permit expire if you think it's extremely likely you might fail.