Usmle step II for DOs in Cali

Started by arch
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arch

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding the usmle step II and applying as a D.O. to allopathic PMR programs in California. I'm currently a 3rd year and I've taken the usmle step I (230/93) and comlex step I.

My question is this: Do you guys think I need to continue the usmle series and take the usmle step II to hopefully foster a favorable assessment of my candidacy for residencies.... OR could I now JUST take the osteopathic comlex II without any detriment to my application and save some time, money, and grief. I greatly appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks,
ARCH
 
Thanks for the reply Stinky Tofu.
Even though I'm a little "West CoastOcentric", I am thinking of applying to some programs in the East as well. Does your advice regarding usmle step II still stand in the case of applying to highly competitive programs like Harvard/spaulding.
Arch