Butterfly23

10+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I randomly heard that USMLE STEP 1 would be only P/F, and there would be no scores reported. Not all med schools have PM&R rotations. This is what I think it will happen
The greedy organization aka ABPM&R will see this opportunity to make more money. After Step 2, I see ABPM&R creating the "ENTRANCE to PM&R exam" and charge a lot of money to the medical students applying to PM&R
I definely see other fields doing same thing
what do you guys think?

dangEras

2+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2018
My gf is an ortho resident and her department has already joined gen surg, plastic, nsg, ENT, Uro, and ophtho to start creating a "surgical entrance exam". Interesting how surgeons have already started designing their test.

EM will continue with their SLOEs.

Chances are that PM&R, psych will continue with the status quo. The first change I forsee would be adoption of SLOEs. These fields already had the least emphasis on step 1 frequently seeing 210s match to top programs and 230s go unmatched.

More academically oriented fields like radiology, derm, neuro, anesthesiology will likely go the path of making Step 2 the new holy grail.

RadsWFA1900

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2018
My gf is an ortho resident and her department has already joined gen surg, plastic, nsg, ENT, Uro, and ophtho to start creating a "surgical entrance exam". Interesting how surgeons have already started designing their test.

EM will continue with their SLOEs.

Chances are that PM&R, psych will continue with the status quo. The first change I forsee would be adoption of SLOEs. These fields already had the least emphasis on step 1 frequently seeing 210s match to top programs and 230s go unmatched.

More academically oriented fields like radiology, derm, neuro, anesthesiology will likely go the path of making Step 2 the new holy grail.

Who knew P/F would just generate a litany of new tests! They should have one for rad onc too!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.