USMLE transcript and adding new programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medrocks47

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I add new programs at this point in time, will the USMLE transcript be sent to just the newly added programs or will it be re-sent to all the old programs that have already received my transcript?

The new transcript has my Step 2 CS on it while my old one did not.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You have to pay again to have a new one sent.

eta: you have to pay the one time $80 fee(which is actually not one time--one time per new test though) and then it will be updated for all the programs when they view your application. I have a similar situation and asked ERAS.

You have to pay again to have a new one sent.

eta: you have to pay the one time $80 fee(which is actually not one time--one time per new test though) and then it will be updated for all the programs when they view your application. I have a similar situation and asked ERAS.

YIKES! Really?! So when my Step 2 CK score comes back, if I want to re-send the score report, I'd have to hand over another $80?

correct. and if you're like me you get to hand out yet another when your cs results come back. lovely, eh?

Ahem, no, it's not correct. Once you pay the $80 USMLE fee, you can update your score reports as many times as you need to without paying additional fees. Source: 1) some info on ERAS website (writing from my cell, can't look it up now), and 2) I released my new scores after submitting my applications with Step 1 only and didn't have to pay anything at all for updating USMLE reports/releasing new scores.

Reactions: 2 users
Ahem, no, it's not correct. Once you pay the $80 USMLE fee, you can update your score reports as many times as you need to without paying additional fees. Source: 1) some info on ERAS website (writing from my cell, can't look it up now), and 2) I released my new scores after submitting my applications with Step 1 only and didn't have to pay anything at all for updating USMLE reports/releasing new scores.

You're right, I just contacted ERAS. Thanks for the clarification

Reactions: 1 user

I wonder if it is different for IMGs? I have paid $160 (2 charges $80 each) and was under the impression I have to submit another payment to release CS scores.

I wonder if it is different for IMGs? I have paid $160 (2 charges $80 each) and was under the impression I have to submit another payment to release CS scores.
Shouldn't be different for anyone. Have you tried calling them about the double charge?

If I add new programs at this point in time, will the USMLE transcript be sent to just the newly added programs or will it be re-sent to all the old programs that have already received my transcript?

The new transcript has my Step 2 CS on it while my old one did not.

Thank you!

There is no 'resending' of anything. This is an outdated idea about the ERAS system based on when you physically had to download applications. Now it's more or less cloud based, so everything is there in real time, and any updates replace old aspects of the application. So, your transcript will still be available to the old programs and will be newly available to the new programs you add.

Now, if you re-release your scores, your updated transcript will be available to everyone you've released your transcript to--you can't be selective about who gets updates and who doesn't.

Yes, I did call and it was a mistake. That's 3 more applications.

To answer the initial question clearly:

If you've applied to some programs, and then apply later to new programs after a new score has come back, the new programs get the updated USMLE report, but the programs you applied to prior only get the old report, unless you retransmit it. None of this costs anything more than the initial $80 fee. This includes any SOAP applications also.

Reactions: 1 users
To answer the initial question clearly:

If you've applied to some programs, and then apply later to new programs after a new score has come back, the new programs get the updated USMLE report, but the programs you applied to prior only get the old report, unless you retransmit it. None of this costs anything more than the initial $80 fee. This includes any SOAP applications also.
Can anyone confirm this? I thought new programs get old report unless you re-transmit your scores?