USMLE transcript release question for a D.O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

theosteoblasts

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a question regarding releasing USMLE transcripts. I know that according to the rules, I have to authorize release of the transcript if I have taken the USMLE.

Do I need to send my scores to ACGME programs as well? I did not do well on the one Step that I took and am wondering if I am required to send the score or not. Just don't want to break any rules I might not know about.

Thank you in advance,

I am applying IM/FM for both AOA/ACGME if that helps.
 
I’m not sure how AOA applications work, but I’m pretty sure if you put a transcript into ERAS, it will go to all the programs you apply for via ERAS.

Does this mean I have to "Assign" the scores or that authorizing it is sufficient? I haven't assigned my USMLE scores to the DO programs. Would like to not send my step if its possible, but I'm not sure what my obligations are
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually thought that you can't send USMLE scores to AOA programs? In any case, you definitely don't have to send them to AOA programs. Programs that are joint ACGME / AOA but you're applying for AOA spots, not totally clear. In any case, it's very unlikely anyone would make an issue of this, as long as your USMLE transcript isn;t hiding a professionalism violation.
 
I actually thought that you can't send USMLE scores to AOA programs? In any case, you definitely don't have to send them to AOA programs. Programs that are joint ACGME / AOA but you're applying for AOA spots, not totally clear. In any case, it's very unlikely anyone would make an issue of this, as long as your USMLE transcript isn;t hiding a professionalism violation.

Thank you for clearing that up.

If I Have taken a USMLE exam do I have to send it to an ACGME program or can I just send my COMLEX scores?