theosteoblasts

7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I had a question regarding releasing USMLE transcripts. I know that according to the rules, I have to authorize release of the transcript if I have taken the USMLE.

Do I need to send my scores to ACGME programs as well? I did not do well on the one Step that I took and am wondering if I am required to send the score or not. Just don't want to break any rules I might not know about.

Thank you in advance,

I am applying IM/FM for both AOA/ACGME if that helps.

Jul 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I’m not sure how AOA applications work, but I’m pretty sure if you put a transcript into ERAS, it will go to all the programs you apply for via ERAS.

theosteoblasts

7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I’m not sure how AOA applications work, but I’m pretty sure if you put a transcript into ERAS, it will go to all the programs you apply for via ERAS.

Does this mean I have to "Assign" the scores or that authorizing it is sufficient? I haven't assigned my USMLE scores to the DO programs. Would like to not send my step if its possible, but I'm not sure what my obligations are

About the Ads

NotAProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I actually thought that you can't send USMLE scores to AOA programs? In any case, you definitely don't have to send them to AOA programs. Programs that are joint ACGME / AOA but you're applying for AOA spots, not totally clear. In any case, it's very unlikely anyone would make an issue of this, as long as your USMLE transcript isn;t hiding a professionalism violation.

Reactions: 1 user

theosteoblasts

7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I actually thought that you can't send USMLE scores to AOA programs? In any case, you definitely don't have to send them to AOA programs. Programs that are joint ACGME / AOA but you're applying for AOA spots, not totally clear. In any case, it's very unlikely anyone would make an issue of this, as long as your USMLE transcript isn;t hiding a professionalism violation.

Thank you for clearing that up.

If I Have taken a USMLE exam do I have to send it to an ACGME program or can I just send my COMLEX scores?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.