USMLE Tutor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Flacoloco21

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I am a foreign medical graduate from Colombia and had some difficulties with the USMLE step 1 on my first attempt. I wasn't familiar with the exam, took it without studying properly and found that I barely missed passing. I panicked and used the SDN to research tutors to prepare for retaking the exam. My research brought me to Dr. Ryan Swinney, and I am proud to say that I just recently found that I passed the Step 1 with a very honorable score. Ryan provided a comprehensive overview of my current knowledge by reviewing my World and Q-bank scores and set up a very structured schedule, with tutoring sessions, to review all the material. This tutoring took about 3 months and it was the best decision I could have made. We skyped a few times a week to review the material and he explained the questions and how to approach them, how to move through the exam, and even pin-pointed my weaknesses to focus on them directly. Now, I'm working with Ryan for my step 2 and he is also guiding me to clerkships to become a better applicant with the Residency application process. Being a foreign medical graduate has its own hurdles and I am more than willing to help answer questions anyone has. I can't recommend Ryan enough. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like his contact information. Crossing my fingers for a match this year!