USMLE World Category: Head and Neck???

Discussion in 'Step I' started by veighnkman, May 26, 2008.

1. veighnkman

veighnkman Junior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey-

I'm going through UW, doing at the level I want for most categories... except for something called "Head and Neck," where I'm running 1 for 8 or something the like.

Any idea what specifically is covered there- is it just anatomy? Thoughts on what to study (besides the head, and perhaps the neck)?

Cheers

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hurricane95

Hurricane95 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I thought it was weird at first too, but it's really just a bunch of random things thrown together dealing with head/neck...infections, anatomy, pathology, all mixed in. No specific way to study for it in particular. You might see for example a question about a glioma followed by a question about measles in a child, and then a question on carotid artery atherosclerosis. It's a misc category almost.

4. InternationlDoc

InternationlDoc Imported like a Ferrari

Attending Physician
    to be treated with Vitamin A I might add :laugh:

5. Lany

Medical Student
    wtf?? lol.

As for H&N.. you could click "select all" on the left and choose H&N and unclick left side one by one if you really want to break it down.. ;) Might eat up some time tho.. esp. when annotating pts into FA like that.