Step I USMLE World Category: Head and Neck???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

veighnkman

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey-

I'm going through UW, doing at the level I want for most categories... except for something called "Head and Neck," where I'm running 1 for 8 or something the like.

Any idea what specifically is covered there- is it just anatomy? Thoughts on what to study (besides the head, and perhaps the neck)?

Cheers
 
I thought it was weird at first too, but it's really just a bunch of random things thrown together dealing with head/neck...infections, anatomy, pathology, all mixed in. No specific way to study for it in particular. You might see for example a question about a glioma followed by a question about measles in a child, and then a question on carotid artery atherosclerosis. It's a misc category almost.
 
I thought it was weird at first too, but it's really just a bunch of random things thrown together dealing with head/neck...infections, anatomy, pathology, all mixed in. No specific way to study for it in particular. You might see for example a question about a glioma followed by a question about measles in a child, and then a question on carotid artery atherosclerosis. It's a misc category almost.

to be treated with Vitamin A I might add :laugh:
 
to be treated with Vitamin A I might add :laugh:
wtf?? lol.


As for H&N.. you could click "select all" on the left and choose H&N and unclick left side one by one if you really want to break it down.. 😉 Might eat up some time tho.. esp. when annotating pts into FA like that.