USMLE World Category: Head and Neck???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veighnkman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey-

I'm going through UW, doing at the level I want for most categories... except for something called "Head and Neck," where I'm running 1 for 8 or something the like.

Any idea what specifically is covered there- is it just anatomy? Thoughts on what to study (besides the head, and perhaps the neck)?

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

I thought it was weird at first too, but it's really just a bunch of random things thrown together dealing with head/neck...infections, anatomy, pathology, all mixed in. No specific way to study for it in particular. You might see for example a question about a glioma followed by a question about measles in a child, and then a question on carotid artery atherosclerosis. It's a misc category almost.

I thought it was weird at first too, but it's really just a bunch of random things thrown together dealing with head/neck...infections, anatomy, pathology, all mixed in. No specific way to study for it in particular. You might see for example a question about a glioma followed by a question about measles in a child, and then a question on carotid artery atherosclerosis. It's a misc category almost.

to be treated with Vitamin A I might add :laugh:

to be treated with Vitamin A I might add :laugh:
wtf?? lol.

As for H&N.. you could click "select all" on the left and choose H&N and unclick left side one by one if you really want to break it down.. ;) Might eat up some time tho.. esp. when annotating pts into FA like that.