Step I USMLERx vs USMLE World

Started by highyield
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

highyield

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

this is my first post. woo hoo!

Just wondering what your feelings are of USMLERx?

I take step 1 in exactly 1 month. I am scoring anywhere from 70-85% on 50q blocks from USMLERx. Any idea where this would put me for a real step 1 score?

After reading the reviews of USMLE world on here i am thinking of making the switch. any thoughts on whether i should do that or not?

lastly, could anyone give me some rough correlates of USMLE world scores and step 1 scores.

thanks
 
first: welcome to SDN.

Second: take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the "search" feature. You can look for old posts/threads that answer pretty much each of your questions.

Third: just my $0.02, switch to UW.
 
Sorry about that, but thanks for the repy.

I didn't really find too much recent stuff about USMLERx when i did a search. Maybe I just need some better search skills.

out.
 
hey hy

i was doing usmlerx-did about 40% of it and was probably scoring right around the same as you. I took two nbme's and got around 226-230 range on both. Hopefully that helps a little...


Switch to UW-much harder questions than RX and explanations are a whole hella lot better.

good luck in your studies.
 
hey hy

i was doing usmlerx-did about 40% of it and was probably scoring right around the same as you. I took two nbme's and got around 226-230 range on both. Hopefully that helps a little...


Switch to UW-much harder questions than RX and explanations are a whole hella lot better.

good luck in your studies.

After finishing up on UW.. i would still have about lil more than a week left so would it be advisable to go through the Rx book along with FA in the afternoon and evenings? or jus hit the FA flat out cold till e-date? maybe give uw another go?