USMLE/COMLEX USMLERx Winter Special/Step 1 Webinar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMLERxFirstAid

USMLERx
Vendor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From now through January 31, get an amazing deal on USMLERx Qmax Step 1 and USMLERx Flash Facts – the world’s largest USMLE flash card deck! We're also excited to announce the upcoming First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 Webinar this coming Tuesday, January 27 (see below for more info!).

USMLERx Qmax is the highly-rated Step 1 question bank created by the Authors of First Aid and features:

• 3,000+ high-yield Step 1 questions with detailed explanations
  • Integration with First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 online
  • Exclusive ability to create half- and full-day simulations
  • A USMLE score predictor
  • 100% pass guarantee! Pass or get your subscription doubled
USMLERx Flash Facts is the world largest flash card deck for the USMLE Step 1! It features:

• Nearly 14,000 online flash cards covering all the high-yield facts from First Aid!
  • Integrated with First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 online
  • Searchable by organ system, discipline, and topic
  • Discuss, annotate, and mark your favorite First Aid topics
  • First Aid topics constantly updated with corrections and bonus content
Anyone can now get this awesome Q-bank for:

• $129 for 3 months + FREE Flash Facts ($55 savings!)
  • $199 for 6 months + FREE Flash Facts ($75 savings!)
This is hundreds less than what you would normally pay for a quality question bank with no flash cards! To get this special, go now to www.usmlerx.com. Remember, this special is will expire Saturday, January 31.

Finally, there will be a First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 Webinar! Tao Le, the author of First Aid, will be giving a live web presentation about study and test prep strategies for the USMLE Step 1. This webinar will occur Tuesday, January 31, at 9 pm EST/6 pm PST. “Seating” is limited so register now at:

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/403959801

Good luck with your studies!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So a new question bank on the block. I've heard a lot about USMLEworld and Kaplan, but not very much about the bank from the first aid people. Honestly, for that reason, I'm not likely to purchase your question bank. Convince me otherwise;)

To help you convince me, here's a little about me.
Things I value:
1) quality of questions--how well questions simulates the real thing, internal and external validity, etc...
2) quality and compatability of software--does it work on mac and pc? does it have a lot of bugs? does the format simulate the FRED whatever format of the real thing?

Things I don't value so much:
The first aid brand means a lot when it comes to review books, but, for me, that doesn't carry over to question bank quality. So, I'm not convinced by "first aid is great, so the question bank will be great." Or, "Tao Lee is awesome. Nuff said".

Can we purchase flash facts without the rest of the question bank?

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible for students to go through the Q bank and re-answer questions after they have been marked correct or incorrect.

Can you make a simulated test consisting specifically of questions that you had previously missed?

Also, right now with my classes, I dont have time to start a Qbank soon, so my question is: with the special deal that you all are offering, is it possible to buy now and activate later? How long from now could we wait before activating?

Will the webinar be available later? It sounds interesting, but I also have a test coming up and wont have time to 'go' to it

Thanks! :)

How different in style are USMLERx questions from the First Aid Q/A book?

How are the full and half day simulations generated by the program? Do they maintain a fairly even spread of subjects to ensure as close approximation to the real thing as possible?

do you also have a step2 score estimator?
any raffles for step 2? please include me in

Does the qbank reflect the information found in first aid or does it represent previous NBME exams?

I've heard that some people have had problems using the flashcards (not being able to shuffle them or pick one section to work on at a time). Is this still true or is this something that has been fixed? Thanks!

How is "Integration with First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 online" accomplished? Thanks!

I have First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1. Is there overlap of questions between this book and the questions in USMLERx QMax?

I like the 100% pass guarantee...

Will I be able to print out the online flashcards?

During the Webinar the other day, Dr. Le demonstrated the flash facts. I was wondering if you could bookmark certain cards and make a deck of facts that you don't know. Thanks!

Hi!

Are the flashcards only available online? Is there any way to download them onto a Palm device?

Thanks!

It's great to have more questions, but how does USMLERX ensure that its added questions are of good quality? Are questions re-evaluated such that "outdated" questions might be removed from the question bank?

The half and full day simulations. Are those questions drawn from the main Qbank, or is there access to unique questions for self-assessment?

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a qbank but there are many sources from which that I can buy from. This might be a repeated inquiry, but does USMLERx offer a demo or short free-trial to students to try out before making the commitment? thanks!!

If I am buying USMLE world, and already own First Aid, is what added benefit is there from buying USMLERx? We only get 5 weeks to review for step1, and I don't want to spread myself too thin. Should I try to decide between USMLE world and USMLERx? Why should I go with one verses the other? Do you think it is neccessary to get both? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.