USN --Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello Kph

Do you mind giving me your private email address so that I CAN CALL YOU . I really need to talk to you urgrently. Could you please let me know which campus is good is it utah or nevada.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Hi smrc
You can email me at [email protected]. I am going to Nevada campus. Because I went there for my interview, plus Utah would be very cold during winter and I come from hot place(texas), so I choose Nevada.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Everyone! It's awesome to be Class of 2012. :)

I'm rather new here, but not really, since I've been lurking around for a while now. Anyway, I was finally offered a seat at Utah and I'm just relieved that the waiting game is over. I'm waitlisted at Nevada, but I may just decide to stay in Utah... not sure yet. We'll see.

So I've been reading the USN website, but I'm still a little confused about what I need to submit with my signed acceptance in terms of financial aid related papers. I was hoping someone here would be able to help.

So this is what I have so far:
-Signed Acceptance
-Tuition Deposit
-Registration and Payment Agreement
-Graduate Supplemental Form
-2009-2010 Verification Worksheet
-2008 Tax Return
-US Citizenship Documentation

Am I supposed to send the following as well or should I wait to receive the award letter?
-USN Loan Request Statements (Stafford and GradPlus)
-Master Promissory Note

Your response is much appreciated, Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going for Nevada campus, and still haven't started searching for a place to live yet, :confused:

Hey everyone! Going to Nevada campus. Just wondering if anyone has received their financial aid packet yet? I asked Dr. DeYoung and he said I should contact the financial aid office if I don't hear anything by May 22nd, but I'm impatient and was wondering if anyone has heard anything?

Hey everyone! Going to Nevada campus. Just wondering if anyone has received their financial aid packet yet? I asked Dr. DeYoung and he said I should contact the financial aid office if I don't hear anything by May 22nd, but I'm impatient and was wondering if anyone has heard anything?

I did email and asked a person in financial aid office. She said that beside sending the acceptance package, I need to send PharmacyUSNGradPLUSApplication.pdf (49KB), PharmacyUSNStaffordApplication.pdf (66KB), Independent Verification Worksheet.pdf (314KB), Graduate Supplemental Profile Sheet (2).pdf (181KB)

You can find all of these forms in their website. Right now, they focus on dual program applicant first (PharmD/MBA). So we can hear more about them some time later. This's just some info I just got. Hope this helps you.

I did email and asked a person in financial aid office. She said that beside sending the acceptance package, I need to send PharmacyUSNGradPLUSApplication.pdf (49KB), PharmacyUSNStaffordApplication.pdf (66KB), Independent Verification Worksheet.pdf (314KB), Graduate Supplemental Profile Sheet (2).pdf (181KB)

You can find all of these forms in their website. Right now, they focus on dual program applicant first (PharmD/MBA). So we can hear more about them some time later. This's just some info I just got. Hope this helps you.

Thanks! This does help! I'll start getting this stuff ready then. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Hey everyone. How soon are you all going to move to Nevada? Maybe we could all meet and hang out before school starts.

hmmm...I wonder what kind of laptop we are going to get.....?

Hey guys,

Congrats to all of you who got accepted you guys should be very proud of yourselves! I currently just finished my P1 year at USN so if you guys have any questions feel free to ask me. I noticed a few of you had some unanswered questions:

1. If you get the full amount of loans taken out which is about 61k then your tution, apartment, food, etc. should be covered.

2. You do not need any CPR certification to get your NV intern lic. USN has a required CPR course at the end of you P1 year, so you will get certified then.

3. This year we got a Dell latitude D630 laptop. It comes with microsoft office and Norton antivirus.

Lastly enjoy you summer and have FUN...because you are going to be studying a lot next year.

Phrm Girl24,

Do you know any hospital pharmacy nearby need a tech or intern? I would like to work in a hospital while attending school there but don't know how. I have experience in retail.

Phrm Girl24,

Do you know any hospital pharmacy nearby need a tech or intern? I would like to work in a hospital while attending school there but don't know how. I have experience in retail.

There a couple hospital pharmacies near by such as UMC. Dr. Zarley will e-mail your classs when there are any Intern positions available.Usually they will only hire 1-3 interns. Once you get your NV license then I would go speak with Dr. Zarley to see if there are any hospitals that are looking for interns. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
There a couple hospital pharmacies near by such as UMC. Dr. Zarley will e-mail your classs when there are any Intern positions available.Usually they will only hire 1-3 interns. Once you get your NV license then I would go speak with Dr. Zarley to see if there are any hospitals that are looking for interns. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info.

Hi everyone!

I got some info about apartments. I went to turtle creek which is one of the newest apartment around our school. The price for 2 bed rooms, 2 bath rooms is $775 a month for 11 months. And the price for 1 bed and 1 bath is $699 a month. I went to this place and I loved it. Everything is new. They also have two pools. Everything is nice, new and neat there.

I was going to live by myself if the cost of 1 bed and 1 bath is cheaper ( I thought it would be cheaper but it's not).

So If anyone is interested in being my roommate, this is my email address [email protected], don't hesitate to contact me because the price is going up pretty fast. Looking forward to see all of u in the coming fall.

P.S. i'm looking for a female roommate.

I also got an apartment at Turtle Creek!
It was definitely the nicest apartment that's close to campus with a great price! (although prices are going up now since apparently a lot of people want to live there)
All of us who are going to be living there should totally get together and meet each other before school starts ...
Pharmacy students at turtle creek united!! lol :D

Thanks for the info theraflu. It's really helpful. So I know what to expect now. But I think every apartment has their weaknesses and their strengths. I mean we be living in an apartment for almost a year, so why not stay in a nice place. I went to the place and everything about it is true. I have to say everything is totally new. There no dirt mark on the carpet which I like the most cause i'm a clean freak :laugh:. And I feel like it totally worth the money because the rent is cheap also. And I think if you get the upstairs rooms, it won't be that noisy and you don't have to deal with neighbors that much.

Hey Dancer999,

So when r you going to move there? I would like to meet USN students who live at turtle creek. We can get to know each other and I mean it would be helpful and convinient later when we go to school cause we can help each other out with the school works, right?:p:xf:

theraflu,
Basically any apartment i looked at the reviews for has both positive and negative reviews. I dont remember seeing one place that had all positive reviews. So either way its a done deal now, turtle creek it is.
If you dont mind me asking, have you found an apartment yet?

springs,
Yea it would be beneficial to know people in the apartment complex and we can def help each other out!
Ill be moving around middle of august, how bout you?

So...did anyone hear back from financial aid yet? If so, did anyone get any grants....?!!

Yea i ll move out around middle of august also. Hey but did you ask the staffs there about the electricity bill, water bills, and trash bills. Do you know how much is the trash bills? So did you actually check the room that you going to move in?

theraflu,

Basically any apartment i looked at the reviews for has both positive and negative reviews. I dont remember seeing one place that had all positive reviews. So either way its a done deal now, turtle creek it is.
If you dont mind me asking, have you found an apartment yet?

springs,
Yea it would be beneficial to know people in the apartment complex and we can def help each other out!
Ill be moving around middle of august, how bout you?

Hi guys.
Congradulation to all of you. I know how you guys are feeling that is great. I am a pharmacist graduated last year from USN. USN is a great school you will love the program. I have a 3 bedroom house 2 minutes from school (less than half a mile) it is fully furnished. I would like to rent all 3 to USN students. please let me know if you are intrested :)

Good luck to you all,
Mandy.

Is anyone else going to the Utah campus? I can answer questions about Utah if you are. I only live 20 minutes from the campus.

Hi, I need some information regarding housing near Utah campus.

Anyone going to the Utah Campus found a decent apartment or a place to live?

vegas for sure....but I live here so that's why =)

Just wondering...Im really interested in USN. Did you have a bachelor degree before you applied? What were your grades like? Your PCAT? Just want to know whats competitive.

Hello all! I got accepted into USN in February and I am so excited to be apart of the class of 2012! We definitely have to set up a time to meet and greet before school starts. I'll be in Nevada the first week in August and look forward to meeting as many people as possible. I only know two people in Nevada - I am leaving all of my family and close friends back in Houston so - I will welcome as much support and genuinely friendly people as possible!

edited

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if everyone applied for their Stafford Loan and their GradPlus loans through their specified bank yet. Plus, in the Federal Stafford Load Application and Federal Graduate PLUS Loan Application forms on the USN website, it requires an exact amount on the loan amounts. Kinda confused on this...:confused:

You should have received an award letter from financial aid that lists the amounts you are eligible for for the subsidized stafford, unsubsidized stafford, and grad plus. If not, I would contact the financial aid office. After you have your award letter, you can apply with the lender. You can list the full amount you are eligible for, or reduce the amount it if you don't need it all. I just applied through Discover and it was quick and easy. I'm hopefully all set. Hope that helps.

You should have received an award letter from financial aid that lists the amounts you are eligible for for the subsidized stafford, unsubsidized stafford, and grad plus. If not, I would contact the financial aid office. After you have your award letter, you can apply with the lender. You can list the full amount you are eligible for, or reduce the amount it if you don't need it all. I just applied through Discover and it was quick and easy. I'm hopefully all set. Hope that helps.

Oh, ic. So, I need to fill out the loan forms and the loan application through the lender after I contact the Fin.Aid office to find out the amounts...Well, thanks a lot for the info. I was beginning to get paranoid..hehe

Hi,

Are there anybody on student visa know where to get loan to pay tuition and living?
Can anybody guide me about this?

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me how the roommate database system through USN works?

I'm so0 excited for class of 2012!!! Is everyone from vegas? Anyone looking for roommates =)

When is everyone coming to vegas? I'll probably be there in Aug 18. And having a chance to meet everyone before school started would be awesome =)

I am gujju girl and I am looking for roommate in Nevada campus. I will have room available that is only 10 minute away from our campus. I am specifically looking for Vegetarian girl. My house is located in Gated community and you will have access to Pool, Play Ground and Clubhouse. I am going to live with my parents so you will get nice family atmosphere and safer environment. Food will provide to you so you do not have to cook. Please PM me and I will provide you more information.

Thanks.

When is everyone coming to vegas? I'll probably be there in Aug 18. And having a chance to meet everyone before school started would be awesome =)

It sounds cool. I think I'll be there around aug 20 or 23

Anyone going to the Utah Campus found a decent apartment or a place to live?

Hi and welcome to USN Utah!!!! First of all, congratulations! The class of 2011 is very excited to meet all of you soon. Please sign up for our Mentor Program (you should hear about it during orientation)!

I live in a nice and new apartment complex 10 minutes from school. 2 pools, very nice grounds, nicely equipped gym, tanning bed and even a movie theater! It pretty pricey but I think well worth it. There are 10-15 P2s living here and some P3s. Even some staff live here. They allow pets, if you're interested. The apartment complex is called Legends at River Oaks. I did a lot of research before I moved here from San Diego and this was the nicest complex hands down and super close to school (you'll especially appreciate it during winter!) I've just signed a lease for another year and I'm planning on staying here till I graduate.

I've lived totally off student loans the first year and I was able to afford living by myself in a 1-bedroom apartment no problem. But there are many students who decided to share a 2- or 3-bedroom apartment for a cheaper cost.

Anyway, they also offer a $200 referral bonus and if you decide to live there and use me as your referral, I'd like to split with you.

I'm working a lot during the summer so I may not answer e-mail/questions right away but I'll keep checking.

Congrats again!

This is Shilpa Mikkilineni from India I am going to utah campus. I am looking for roomates. Please let me know if any one is interested. Please P.M me

SMRC.

Class will start at the end of this month and I'm preparing to fly out to SJ to find an apartment Aug 14-16. If anyone is in this same situation and would like to go apartment hunting with me, shoot me a pm.

Looking for certain traits in a roommate (guy or girl):
1. Friendly
2. Responsible (can make payments on time, all the time)
3. Clean
4. Willing to study hard
5. Respectable of other people's belongings and space

All the above will be reciprocated. =)

I'm hoping for the minimal of 2bed/2bath within 1-5 miles from campus.

I posted up on FB 2012 USN Pharmacy group so I would prefer you contact me through there or you can shoot me a PM on SDN for more info. Personal information is kept confidential in this message.

Hi,
I just got accepted, and I am going to the Utah campus. I was wondering if you recommned a car??? is it a must?Do you need a parking permit on campus? Also I am planning on living in south jordan(south willow) I hope it's not a bad choice.
Thanks a lot for your help and time!

Hi,
I just got accepted, and I am going to the Utah campus. I was wondering if you recommned a car??? is it a must?Do you need a parking permit on campus? Also I am planning on living in south jordan(south willow) I hope it's not a bad choice.
Thanks a lot for your help and time!

Salt Lake County (including South Jordan) doesn't have the greatest mass transit system: http://www.rideuta.com/ . Pretty much every student I know has there own car except a few people that got by as P1/P2s car pooling with a roomate. Keep in mind that not only will you be going to class but your first two years you also have the IPPEs every other week and you have the 6 week CPPE the summer between P1 and P2 so you'll need to make sure you can be on time (although like your P3 year you could technically do your CPPE outside of Utah). And as far as the P3 year goes, if you are doing it in Utah, I'd say you for sure need a car. Again some people get by with mass transit but it certainly isn't convenient for many places except for those who live and/or work in downtown Salt Lake City and South Jordan isn't downtown but a suburb about 30 minutes out.

Regarding parking, the past two years we parked with a sticker they give us to put on our windshield-not sure if this will be the same this coming year but if not I'm sure they'll tell you in orientation and there is no extra charge for this as I'm sure it is factored into the $37kplus annual tuition:)

hope that helps.

Last edited:
I've just got accepted to Utah campus, so I am looking for female roommates. However, I won't be there until Aug 24 because I have stuff to take care of. If anyone is interested, I will love to move in, or we can find an apartment together. Please PM me through SDN, and I will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you. N. Tran

Last edited:
What's everyone wearing to the white coat ceremony?!!!

I have a one of those satin 'little black cocktail' dresses?

Is that too dressy?

I'm looking for a carpooler from San Jose to Vegas, 24 or 25. Anyone's interested?

Hi everyone,
I am a late admit to USN in Henderson Las Vegas campus. Just wonder if anyone still need a shared roommate that I can fill in.
I am a male student looking for a living location, preferably near the campus.
If you have any info, please contact me at [email protected]
Please let me know ASAP as school starts nextweek, much is appreciated.

Hi,

Are there anybody on student visa know where to get loan to pay tuition and living?
Can anybody guide me about this?

Thanks.
Hi,
I am also a F1 student, how do you show financial proof to obtain an I-20 from USN, what kind of documents are required?
Thanks

What's everyone wearing to the white coat ceremony?!!!

I have a one of those satin 'little black cocktail' dresses?

Is that too dressy?

I'm not sure if that's too dressy, but I was trying to figure out what to wear as well. Are you getting a little nervous? It's starting to all feel real now!:scared:

I'm not sure if that's too dressy, but I was trying to figure out what to wear as well. Are you getting a little nervous? It's starting to all feel real now!:scared:

You have NO IDEA how extremely nervous I am! LOL...guys have it easy...slacks....button up.....tie.....the end.