-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
USN Fall 2010 Applicants
Started by VegasGirl1987
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I know USN considers applicants with a minimum of 2.8 GPA, but I've noticed that majority of people accepted have awesome GPA's (3.5-4.0). Were there any applicants who were accepted with such a low GPA (between 2.8-3.4)?
I don't have a bachelor's, nor am I seeking one, but I will be applying for 2010.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will only have 5 science pre-reqs done by December. Did you complete all of them?
I'll be applying, don't have my bachelor's yet, but I will by the end of this school year. Both my science and cumulative GPA's were around 3.65 I think, according to their scale. Composite PCAT is 82. I'm missing 2 prereqs as of now, I'll be finishing one this fall.
The GPA's in the past have been really high (3.8 1 year !!), mainly I think because of the lack of PCAT or LOR. IMO including the PCAT will lower the avg GPA a little bit...
The GPA's in the past have been really high (3.8 1 year !!), mainly I think because of the lack of PCAT or LOR. IMO including the PCAT will lower the avg GPA a little bit...
I will only have 5 science pre-reqs done by December. Did you complete all of them?
I have not completed all of them yet but I already have 6 science pre-reqs done.
USN is the only school that I am applying to for Fall 2010. I am nervous, I have to get in, I don't want to wait another year to apply again.
USN is the only school that I am applying to for Fall 2010. I am nervous, I have to get in, I don't want to wait another year to apply again.
Why not apply to more?
Hey VegasGirl1987... I too am from Vegas and banking on USN... although, I also agree with delano2000, it's always smart to have backup options...
My husband and I can't move anywhere else right now, so I don't have a choice
I don't really want to leave where I am at too but as long as I get in somewhere then I am good. I will not let that stop me.
exactly.I don't really want to leave where I am at too but as long as I get in somewhere then I am good. I will not let that stop me.
It would be nice to stay local, but to me its more important just to get in
exactly.
It would be nice to stay local, but to me its more important just to get in
Yea. Even if it means going from a big ass city to a little town, I am up for it.
USN won't be the only school I apply to, but it will certainly be my first choice because of the chance to do your 3rd year APPE outside of the state. Has anyone heard (good/bad) about that?
I have a BS from Univ of Florida (3.74 gpa; 3.6 pre-reqs), but I haven't taken the PCAT yet (October 17). I got the Collins prep materials and they are good at covering a lot of material.
Usually I am pretty good at standardized tests, but I will only get one shot at this one... A little nerve racking.... no big deal, its just your future....
Can anyone who has already taken the test give me some advice on the essay section? Is it more about grammar, spelling, cogent thought, or all three?
Thanks, and good luck to all!!!
I have a BS from Univ of Florida (3.74 gpa; 3.6 pre-reqs), but I haven't taken the PCAT yet (October 17). I got the Collins prep materials and they are good at covering a lot of material.
Usually I am pretty good at standardized tests, but I will only get one shot at this one... A little nerve racking.... no big deal, its just your future....
Can anyone who has already taken the test give me some advice on the essay section? Is it more about grammar, spelling, cogent thought, or all three?
Thanks, and good luck to all!!!
USN won't be the only school I apply to, but it will certainly be my first choice because of the chance to do your 3rd year APPE outside of the state. Has anyone heard (good/bad) about that?
I have a BS from Univ of Florida (3.74 gpa; 3.6 pre-reqs), but I haven't taken the PCAT yet (October 17). I got the Collins prep materials and they are good at covering a lot of material.
Usually I am pretty good at standardized tests, but I will only get one shot at this one... A little nerve racking.... no big deal, its just your future....
Can anyone who has already taken the test give me some advice on the essay section? Is it more about grammar, spelling, cogent thought, or all three?
Thanks, and good luck to all!!!
I wouldn't worry too much about the essay section unless writing just isn't your thing. If you look at the scores people are posting, just about everybody gets 3/3 with an occasional 2.5 thrown in. If you write a basic essay with a reasonable solution to the problem and no glaring errors in logic or use of language, you'll probably get the same score as just about everyone else.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know how long it takes for USN to invite people for an interview after your application was received? Did anybody you know apply before?
I applied the last possible day and didn't get an invite until February for a March interview date. I think that was just because I did wait until the last minute. Other than that, it really depends on how strong of an applicant you are. Some people get invited to the first round of interviews and some people won't be invited until March. Unfortunately, some people who are going to be rejected won't hear anything at all besides the email that says they received the application until they send out the rejection notices.
The admissions process is a time to practice patience. There is a whole lot of waiting around.
The admissions process is a time to practice patience. There is a whole lot of waiting around.
I applied the last possible day and didn't get an invite until February for a March interview date. I think that was just because I did wait until the last minute. Other than that, it really depends on how strong of an applicant you are. Some people get invited to the first round of interviews and some people won't be invited until March. Unfortunately, some people who are going to be rejected won't hear anything at all besides the email that says they received the application until they send out the rejection notices.
The admissions process is a time to practice patience. There is a whole lot of waiting around.
And the waiting aspect is what tends to drive people crazy.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 2K