UST medschool or UERM (which is better???)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UWgrad2007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!!!

I only applied to UERM and UST, and happy to say I got accepted to both schools.

Now here's the problem, Im a Fil-Am and I got my BS at University of Washington and Im being honest here, I want to practice medicine in the US. So which is better UST or UERM for Filipino Americans who want to practice in the US???

HELP!!!

Thank you in Advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't really matter which school. Just pick one that suits you best. Get good grades and high usmle scores and recommendation letters and you should be set.

Most US residencies won't recognize UP/UST/UE reputations.

It doesn't really matter which school. Just pick one that suits you best. Get good grades and high usmle scores and recommendation letters and you should be set.

Thank you :)

I also read your response to Ham's post and it was very help.

Goodluck to medschool and Im going to UERM

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

I have met MANY UST and UP medicine graduates who have ROBUST practices in the United States of America...

You are only LIMITED by limitations that you establish for yourself!

Have a look at the biography of this doctor, a trauma surgeon (and UST Faculty of Medicine & Surgery graduate). BTW he is a caucasian American whose only connection to the Philippines prior to graduating from UST was to attend medical school...http://www.medicine.nevada.edu/residency/lasvegas/surgery/faculty/John_Fildes.asp

I learned of him when he was featured on a special on the Discovery Channel.

Never-the-less GOOD LUCK! :thumbup:

I have met MANY UST and UP medicine graduates who have ROBUST practices in the United States of America...

You are only LIMITED by limitations that you establish for yourself!

Have a look at the biography of this doctor, a trauma surgeon (and UST Faculty of Medicine & Surgery graduate). BTW he is a caucasian American whose only connection to the Philippines prior to graduating from UST was to attend medical school...http://www.medicine.nevada.edu/residency/lasvegas/surgery/faculty/John_Fildes.asp

I learned of him when he was featured on a special on the Discovery Channel.

Never-the-less GOOD LUCK! :thumbup:

Pretty much any school produces good Doctors. As USTAnon says, don't limit your self, as I have seen others who haven't and prevailed. I have met UP/UST/UERM/FEU/SouthWestern/CIM graduates, who are Fil-Born / Fil-Am Doctors that are successfully practicing in the U.S.

hey der i am thinkin of starting in UERM but to enter u need a B.S or B.A, do u think havin a online degree B.S in Psychology counts???
or is it a must for u to finsh on-campus?

hey der i am thinkin of starting in UERM but to enter u need a B.S or B.A, do u think havin a online degree B.S in Psychology counts???
or is it a must for u to finsh on-campus?
I don't think they will prohibit that as long as it is a legit Bachelors degree. They also require an NMAT score of 55.