USUHS highly recommends emailing August MCAT scores as soon as they are released

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepCowboy

You never heard me coming
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
USUHS highly recommends emailing August MCAT scores as soon as they are released around Oct 14th. This is from Michelle Anderson in the admissions office. She told me when I visited the school last week (no interview yet, I was just in the area on other business).

She said she very strongly recommends to email your scores to [email protected] requesting that they be printed out and put in your file, then to follow up with a phone call if they don't email you back by the next day (darn good service for a med school admissions office, they are very professional). They recommend this, I think, because they move very fast in the application process (according to other posts on SDN). I plan to put the scores in the body text of the email, and also attach a Word document with an inserted JPEG of a screen capture of the THx webpage showing my scores, just so the printout they put in my file seems somewhat official. This is somewhat convoluted, but I figured it would be the most reliable way to do it since sometimes trying to email an HTML file (i.e., a saved file of the webpage) gets messed up. If anybody wants help on how to do what I am talking about, just ask.

She said that with the emailed scores they will send your file up to be reviewed and that you can get an interview invite based on the emailed scores (assuming this is the last thing you are waiting on for your file to be complete). This puts your file about 2 weeks or so ahead compared to waiting for the THx system, which they will of course eventually use to verify the scores you email to them.

This is yet another feature that sets this school apart from the pack. I haven't heard of other schools using emailed scores to consider applicants for the interview stage.

Are there any other submariners or Navy nuclear power applicants out there?

Hope this helps anybody who is late in the cycle for USUHS! Good luck, and hopefully I will meet some of ya'll at an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.