Usuhs????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilmacstew

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey
I am curious to find out what kinda stats all that got accepted to USUHS had. My husband wants to go to USUHS very badly. However he is active duty in the Army right now, and is planning on getting out to do green to gold in January. However he already has 120 semester hours, and they will let him do green to gold in 18 months. His freshmen year really was god awful. He is very bright and wizzed through HS and didn't have to study, so he took that mantality with him. BAD BAD BAD!!!
Well he is going to try to kick butt on those 18 months. I am getting ready to start my Psy.D program, and I would really like it if he gets into USUHS. Much closer to where I will be in Washington D.C. He does great at standardized tests. He scored a 1570 on the SAT's and the ASVAB he maxed.
Can you apply to USUHS while you are on active duty? Can you apply to any medical school while you are on active duty?
What are his chances of getting in? He science gpa when he goes to apply would be around 3.3 or so, and his overall GPA which sucks would only be like 2.85. However I know he will kick butt on the MCAT's as he always does. He has been a medic in the Army for almost 5 years. He is also planning on doing research while doing green to gold. What do you guys think? He has tons of EC's and will have a stellar MCAT score, however his gpa is what we worry about!
Thank you all!:D :D :hardy: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

GPA trend is really important. Someone who gets a 4.0 as a freshman and then slides down to a 3.5 as a sophomore and 3.0 as a Jr. (for an AMCAS GPA of 3.5) doesn't look nearly as good as the kid who started slow [3.0] and worked up to a 4.0 despite harder classes. The link should answer most the other ?'s. Peace.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried that link and it isn't working. Is there another site?

Hi i know they interview with lower stats but they told me that they automatically grant an interview if you have a 3.5 and at least a 30 on the mcat. At that point it is a 60 percent chance that you'll get in! That has to be the best odds and even better if you are prior military!

take care

Does being prior military coming from an ROTC program, give you an advantage? Especially with being a EMT-I, which he just got. He has been a medic in the army for almost 5 years.
Does that give you an advantage?