USUKS has burned it to the ground

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Its a viscous cycle
It's that thick, huh?

(I think it's your autocorrect. You've spelled it like that before.)

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The word on the street is that USACS is in bad shape right now with a lot of docs getting fed up and quitting their sites in large numbers requiring corporate leadership to bring in their 250/hr firefighters and even some 350/hr regular locums docs to fill the schedule at multiple hospitals.
I quit about 3 months ago. Two days later their locums subsidiary, Smart Physician Recruiting, called and offered me $275/hr to go right back to the hospitals I just left. I countered with a higher number. I figured they would laugh and I'd never hear from them again. About a month ago they called and offered a bit over $300. I said, "no thanks, I'm good, but if they get up to my original counter offer let me know." Even though I left on good terms clinically, I'm probably black listed politically, so my guess is they wouldn't hire me back at any price.

Word in my area though is that with the new bonus's and salary structure they've started getting some traction on hiring good new grads. We'll see if they can hire enough, retain them, and stem the bleeding of current providers.

Reactions: 1 user
I quit about 3 months ago. Two days later their locums subsidiary, Smart Physician Recruiting, called and offered me $275/hr to go right back to the hospitals I just left. I countered with a higher number. I figured they would laugh and I'd never hear from them again. About a month ago they called and offered a bit over $300. I said, "no thanks, I'm good, but if they get up to my original counter offer let me know." Even though I left on good terms clinically, I'm probably black listed politically, so my guess is they wouldn't hire me back at any price.

Word in my area though is that with the new bonus's and salary structure they've started getting some traction on hiring good new grads. We'll see if they can hire enough, retain them, and stem the bleeding of current providers.

When I was a pgy4, I would have been amazed by their 150k over 3 yr bonus.

Now it doesn't even make me look twice.

Reactions: 2 users