-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UT Austin - Acceptance/ Rejection letter
Started by karl VI
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm not exactly sure, but I was told at the interview that the first round of acceptances will be mailed out around Spring Break time. The thing is, since we interviewed during the first round of interviews (assuming you attended the 2/15-2/16 interviews), even if we are not offered acceptance in the first round, our application will still be reviewed with the other applicants in the subsequent interview rounds. UT operates on rolling admissions so we're very lucky to have been able to recieve the first opportunity to get in.
I was there for my interview at around 2:30 on Saturday. This is Trey in case we met by any chance. Good luck with everything!
I was there for my interview at around 2:30 on Saturday. This is Trey in case we met by any chance. Good luck with everything!
Hi Trey,
Thank's for the reply! I was there also that Saturday, but at a different time.
One of the students told me that they interview 1/3 of the applicants and 1/3 of the interviewees gets in (his estimate). That's pretty much all of the info I have about the process beyond interviews.
Please let me know if you hear anything.
Karl
Thank's for the reply! I was there also that Saturday, but at a different time.
One of the students told me that they interview 1/3 of the applicants and 1/3 of the interviewees gets in (his estimate). That's pretty much all of the info I have about the process beyond interviews.
Please let me know if you hear anything.
Karl
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats ludmilla!! I'm hoping I get one of those sometime soon too!😀
If you don't mind, would you mind posting your stats?
Oh yea, and who was the e-mail from, like the dean admissions office etc.?
Once again congrats!!
If you don't mind, would you mind posting your stats?
Oh yea, and who was the e-mail from, like the dean admissions office etc.?
Once again congrats!!
congrats ludmilla!! I'm hoping I get one of those sometime soon too!😀
If you don't mind, would you mind posting your stats?
Oh yea, and who was the e-mail from, like the dean admissions office etc.?
Once again congrats!!
I've got an email from the Assistant Dean for Admissions & Advising distributed by the Office of Admissions. My stats are 4.0/95.
I'm sure you will hear from them soon. It's a big advantage to be already interviewed.
Best luck to you!
Ludmila
I was wondering if all of you are Texas residents or not?. I am interested in applying to UT austin, but i heard that it is too hard for non-state residents to get in (MAX 10 %), and that it is even harder for international students (whom iam one of). Does anybody knows anything about this or about the chances of international students over there?
Thanks
Thanks
yea im a texas resident
my avatar baby BAYLOR, thats where I did almost everything at.
I've got an email from the Assistant Dean for Admissions & Advising distributed by the Office of Admissions. My stats are 4.0/95.
I'm sure you will hear from them soon. It's a big advantage to be already interviewed.
Best luck to you!
Ludmila
If you don't mind me asking where did you take your pre-reqs? I took mine at Texas A&M.
I was wondering if all of you are Texas residents or not?. I am interested in applying to UT austin, but i heard that it is too hard for non-state residents to get in (MAX 10 %), and that it is even harder for international students (whom iam one of). Does anybody knows anything about this or about the chances of international students over there?
Thanks
Out of 558 applications reviewed last year, 52 were out-of-state students and 3 were foreign students. Of the 52, only 6 out-of-state students were accepted. Of the 3 foreign students, only 1 was accepted.
So only twelve percent of out-of-state students were accepted, but a whopping thirty-three percent of foreign students were accepted.
So really only one option makes sense. If you out-of-staters want to improve your chances, move to Fiji and then apply to UT.
when is the second set of interviews? I had a 47 composite for october pcat and a 93 composite for the january composite and I want to know if they will have time to see this before they decide on interviews.
Oh, congrats to everyone getting in. I really hope we all make it and eventually be studying 24/7 together 👍
Oh, congrats to everyone getting in. I really hope we all make it and eventually be studying 24/7 together 👍
If you don't mind me asking where did you take your pre-reqs? I took mine at Texas A&M.
I have BA from Northeastern Illinois University.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Karl-
I just got my acceptance email yesterday!!🙂
Any news yet?
Ludmila
Hi!! Would you mind telling me when your interview date was?
All this waiting reminds me of the pcat score delivery! so frustrating! So do you think if we haven't received an acceptance letter by this week then we didn't get in?
All this waiting reminds me of the pcat score delivery! so frustrating! So do you think if we haven't received an acceptance letter by this week then we didn't get in?
Nahh, they told me at the interview that the earliest they would send out most acceptances would be the week of or after Spring Break. I still can't help but freak out as well.
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E
- Question
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 6K
- Locked
- Question
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K