UT-Dallas for career-changers? Other less competitive programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SnowBunny2427

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a cumulative GPA of 3.04 (AMCAS) and a very low sGPA 2.6ish (took biology 10 years ago while enrolled in a dual credit class in high school, got a C in 101, B in 102) Thats all the science experience I have..... so does the UT-Dallas have something for career changers? I've heard great things about their program.

I have over 500 hours of shadowing 2 different physicians, 500+ hours of volunteerism, and 7 years of full time work as I had to work full-time through college. I know that this doesn't make me competitive, but I feel at least admissible to certain schools I hope. I hear a lot about the reputable programs with high standards (BM, goucher, scripps, etc) but what are some reputable programs for us who are not the leaders of the pack...but more like the ones who are bringing up the rear?
 
when I looked at UTD I read something about the students registering for classes last, which sounded like it could mess with your semester. Although I did not verify this with the school.