UT-Memphis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The UT Memphis thread is officially 100 posts large :horns:

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know when the next round of acceptances goes out? I think the last time I called Ms. Hart said sometime in March but I don't remember and I haven't heard anything. Any info would be great. Thanks.

I talked to Dr. Coleman about a month ago and I believe he said that the last(3rd) round of acceptances will be decided either the 2nd or 3rd wk of March. I haven't received anything so hopefully the adcoms haven't met yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to Ms. Hart earlier today and she said that the next round of acceptances will be decided on April 12th.

huskerslp said:
I talked to Ms. Hart earlier today and she said that the next round of acceptances will be decided on April 12th.

So does that mean they didn't send out any in March? that makes me feel much better. thanks

Has the 3rd round gone out yet? Does anyone have any good news? I wish everyone that is waiting the best of luck.

geckel said:
Has the 3rd round gone out yet? Does anyone have any good news? I wish everyone that is waiting the best of luck.

nope.. i still haven't heard anything... best of luck to u too!

Dr. Coleman called me on Monday and told me that me and one of my good friends both got in. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

Dr. Coleman called me on Monday and told me that me and one of my good friends both got in. Best of luck to the rest of you guys.

RomeTheGreat said:
Dr. Coleman called me on Monday and told me that me and one of my good friends both got in. Best of luck to the rest of you guys.

Wow, congrats Rome.

RomeTheGreat said:
Dr. Coleman called me on Monday and told me that me and one of my good friends both got in. Good luck to the rest of you guys.
Congratulations to you and your friend Rome..........I'll see you in the fall.

Thanks guys. Hopefully you can be my future study buddy :)

RomeTheGreat said:
Thanks guys. Hopefully you can be my future study buddy :)

No more activity - I suppose that wraps things up for the c/o 2010.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to see where people were planning on living in Memphis, the dorm or an apartment?

-----
UT c/o 2010

Nelson called me this morning. I thought I was dreaming, but I checked my phone log (after telling my entire family), and I had a call from his office that lasted 2 minutes- nice.

I'm living down at the lofts at south bluffs; been there since january. There are a bunch of residential areas popping up over there right now.

Ya'll all stoked like I am?

I'm just ready to get my game on. Tired of screwing around waiting on the real business to start.

Yes, I'm going to med school. woo!

- Neal

drdtenn said:
Just wanted to see where people were planning on living in Memphis, the dorm or an apartment?

-----
UT c/o 2010

I am going to stay in the dorm atleast for the first semester. What are the apartments like in Memphis? When are you guys planning to move to memphis (if you are not already there)? By the way, did you guys recieve your financial aid award letters? I had not recieved anything just yet. I feel that this university is behind all universities when it comes to administration.

Hadiya

Hadiya said:
I am going to stay in the dorm atleast for the first semester. What are the apartments like in Memphis? When are you guys planning to move to memphis (if you are not already there)? By the way, did you guys recieve your financial aid award letters? I had not recieved anything just yet. I feel that this university is behind all universities when it comes to administration.

Hadiya

from a sign posted in my brother's lab when he worked here at UT Memphis...

"If it doesn't make sense, it's probably university policy"

Don't sweat it. Things at UT take time, trust me.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who still hasn't recieved his financial aid award letter. Everytime I've talked to the office of financial aid they have said something different.
Please reply if you know something.

Has anyone gotten an interview from UT Memphis? If so, when did you submit your application?

I got an interview invite in the mail on Aug. 28th. I submitted the final items of my application less than a week before.

I got an interview invite in the mail on Aug. 28th. I submitted the final items of my application less than a week before.

ummm I called the school and they said that Dr. Coleman had been sick recently and they are STARTING reviewing applications now for interviews and that no interviews have been scheduled...maybe they lied??

I'm bumping this up. I am this close to submitting my UT application, but after reading this thread I am having second thoughts. The impression I get is that it is not very well organized in terms of administration, and what seemed like a reasonable percentage of out-of-state students is in fact taken up mainly by Arkansas residents.

I've been trying to find something on their website that talks about the curriculum in detail. Does anyone know if UT is clinically oriented or is it pretty standard first two years mainly in class and the bulk of the clinical stuff is the last two years?

If there are any current students out there, I'd love to hear their take on the school, what they like about it (if you have time away from your studies).

I'm bumping this up. I am this close to submitting my UT application, but after reading this thread I am having second thoughts. The impression I get is that it is not very well organized in terms of administration, and what seemed like a reasonable percentage of out-of-state students is in fact taken up mainly by Arkansas residents.

I've been trying to find something on their website that talks about the curriculum in detail. Does anyone know if UT is clinically oriented or is it pretty standard first two years mainly in class and the bulk of the clinical stuff is the last two years?

If there are any current students out there, I'd love to hear their take on the school, what they like about it (if you have time away from your studies).

Don't let this be your ONLY option. Apply to other dental schools.

I am reviewing this forum and thought I'd ask some stuff.

My dad has worked in Memphis for the last 10 years. However, we are not legal residents of Tennessee (or Arkansas). Has anyone been in a similar situation? Some schools show preference to students with strong ties to the state, is UT one of them?

Also, it seems as though quite a few of you have somewhat of an established relationship with people there (i.e. Dr. Coleman). Have you previously met the faculty/staff, or is this just the familiarity that comes with checking on your application or post interview?

Thanks.

anyone know if this school is still sending out letters for interviews..?