ut tyler vs tech lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

123lucy9

Reaction score
help pls, i live kinda far from both of them so location isnt a huge factor to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Rank Tyler #1 for chance at free tuition all 4 years
They're a small school (40 per class)
ik tyler is a new school + it doesnt have a graduating class, also Tyler is smaller than Lubbock,thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you value in a potential school / place to live? Are you interested in more competitive specialties or primary care?

Reactions: 1 user
What do you value in a potential school / place to live? Are you interested in more competitive specialties or primary care?
im more interested in competitive specialties, honestly since im living there for just 4 years even if i didnt like the place i think i could live w/ it, i just want to make sure im prepared and will be a competitive applicant for the future

What specialties are you interested in? Because Tech’s pricetag of $15k/year isn’t unreasonable to pay if you happen to be interested in a competitive specialty. Tech has home departments in most specialties, which is a significant factor in residency admissions.

Edit: just saw your post above this. I’d go with Texas Tech. Their tuition and COL is among the cheapest in the country, and strongly connecting with an established department in the specialty of your choice is irreplaceable.

Reactions: 1 users