UTCVM c/o 2025 accepted!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vet_ashlynn

UTCVM c/o 2025!
Reaction score
Hi! I wanted to make this thread so everyone in the c/o 2025 could get to know each other!
I am a first time IS applicant. I also applied to LMU and OSU. Im excited to get to know y'all :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!! I am also an IS UTCVM applicant and accepted into the class of 2025. So excited for this journey!🙂

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm a first time IS applicant and have been accepted in c/o 2025. I also applied to four other vet schools and am still waiting to hear from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I am OOS and got invited for an interview this Friday. I was wondering how much time they took after your interview to give you their decision?

Hi everyone! I am OOS and got invited for an interview this Friday. I was wondering how much time they took after your interview to give you their decision?
IS students interviewed the first week of October. I received an email with a decision in early December.

I had mine on 1/16, and after I sent a thank you email, I was told it would be 6-8 weeks before they sent out decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
IS Accepted! Got the email Friday, interviewed 1/15. Has anyone mailed in their decision yet? I’m trying to decide to send it normal postage or send it certified.

Reactions: 1 users
As we wait for our OOS future classmates to receive news... Any IS accepted started looking at housing options? What have y'all found out?

As we wait for our OOS future classmates to receive news... Any IS accepted started looking at housing options? What have y'all found out?
I have not started, but would like to soon. I would also like to know if anyone has found good housing options!

I have not started, but would like to soon. I would also like to know if anyone has found good housing options!
My parents have been helping me look and we have found nothing! Considering buying a condo and just having a roommate, as all the apartments are crazy expensive.

My parents have been helping me look and we have found nothing! Considering buying a condo and just having a roommate, as all the apartments are crazy expensive.
Ah okay, good to know. Hopefully we are connected with our class soon so we can discuss housing and find roommates. I’ll be in Knoxville in a few weeks, and hoping to look at housing options, but not quite sure where to look.

Do you think they will make a facebook group or something for us to get connected?

Do you think they will make a facebook group or something for us to get connected?
I saw on past threads that upperclassmen made a Facebook group once all the admission offers were out. Hopefully that happens again this year🤷🏻‍♀️

Hello! I am an IS applicant and was accepted into the class of 2025. I look forward to getting to know everyone! I am currently living in Knoxville, so if you have any questions I would be happy to try and answer them!

@Matt_the_Vet any places/areas you recommend looking at or staying away from?
Most grad and professional students live in South Knox, West Knoxville (Bearden Area), and North Knoxville (Fourth and Gill, Happy Holler areas). The only place I would recommend staying away from is East Knoxville (Five Points, Parkridge areas), just a little higher crime in those areas. I am currently in West Knoxville at Greenbrier Ridge apartments. Its pretty quiet and mostly young professionals, they allow up to two pets if you have them, and have a good amount of green space. I think its a great place to live, but I am considering moving to a two/three bedroom apartment or a house and getting a roommate so it's cheaper.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone scheduled a tour of campus yet? I have one for next Monday, and I am super excited :) If any of you are unable to tour let me know if you have questions about campus and I can ask the tour guide for you!

Has anyone scheduled a tour of campus yet? I have one for next Monday, and I am super excited :) If any of you are unable to tour let me know if you have questions about campus and I can ask the tour guide for you!
I have a tour scheduled on Monday too, so excited!

I'm touring Friday! I will also be checking out some apartments around town.

Hello everyone! I recently received my OOS acceptance and I'm super excited to meet all of you! I'm going to be touring the school in April and apartment hunting so any recommendations on where to look or what to do while in town would be greatly appreciated!

-Sarah

Hey everyone! I will be committing to UT and am starting to apartment shop some. I would really like to find a roommate to help lower the cost a little. If any other girls will be attending this fall and are interested in potentially renting with another vet student, please let me know!

Any advice on safe places in Knoxville to live? I'm looking to rent a townhome and want to be in a good area. I've heard that West Knox and North Knox are some of the safer areas.

I saw on past threads that upperclassmen made a Facebook group once all the admission offers were out. Hopefully that happens again this year🤷🏻‍♀️
Hello there! Congratulations on your acceptance. I'm in the class of 2024 at UTCVM and yes, we will be putting together a Facebook group for you all. I just read the meeting minutes of my class's E-board meeting and they said they would be working on getting that up this week or so. Be on the lookout!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey y'all! My family and I have just purchased a condo in Knoxville that will be finished being built in July and I am looking for a roommate. It is only 13 minutes away from campus, and if anyone is interested in being roommates please message me, and I can give you more info.

For all the other incoming class of 2025 students, are you guys planning on doing the summer anatomy lab? I'm trying to decide if I should do it or not.

Hello everyone! Has anyone gotten any information about the upcoming year? I am an OOS applicant that got accepted and I am so excited! My husband and I are moving into The Addison apartments in Cedar Bluff, it seems to be a nice area! I am getting a little concerned as the only information O have received was the email awhile back from Mrs. India Lane. Has anyone heard anything else? I have emailed Mrs. Lane and Deborah but have not heard back.

Hello everyone! Has anyone gotten any information about the upcoming year? I am an OOS applicant that got accepted and I am so excited! My husband and I are moving into The Addison apartments in Cedar Bluff, it seems to be a nice area! I am getting a little concerned as the only information O have received was the email awhile back from Mrs. India Lane. Has anyone heard anything else? I have emailed Mrs. Lane and Deborah but have not heard back.
Have you joined the UTCVM c/o 2025 facebook page yet? You might get a faster response there! It was set up a few weeks ago and is fairly active.

I am in the c/o 2024 and can say that the admissions team is fairly small and thus frequently run behind with getting communication out. My usual advice is to be patient.

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Have you joined the UTCVM c/o 2025 facebook page yet? You might get a faster response there! It was set up a few weeks ago and is fairly active.

I am in the c/o 2024 and can say that the admissions team is fairly small and thus frequently run behind with getting communication out. My usual advice is to be patient.

Congratulations on your acceptance!
I tried to search for it but couldn't find it! Do you the exact name of it?

Hey guys and gals! Congrats! Have you been using your campus email yet?? If so, I sent out an email earlier tonight. I’m looking for a roommate. Make sure to take a look at it!

Does anyone know does UTCVM take online pre-req courses? I know it says yes to Spring, Summer, and Fall 2020 but how about beyond? What did they allow before COVID?

Does anyone know does UTCVM take online pre-req courses? I know it says yes to Spring, Summer, and Fall 2020 but how about beyond? What did they allow before COVID?
It depends on where the course was taken and which course. I think the Spring, summer and fall 2020 thing is in regards to the S/NC option for prereqs not just online vs in person. There is a class of 2026 cycle thread on here for this years applicants btw