UTDB Houston interviews 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icedspice

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Houston is alive, for everyone who is concerned.

I start this thread since Houston is on such a different time zone compared to the other Texas schools - so it might help us alleviate some of our stress if we see that we are really OKAY!

I applied 6.23
Verified 7.20
Got Application received email from Houston 8.6
Got invite invite 9.18
Interview schedule for 10.12

***If anyone has received interview invites and are on SDN, PLEASE use the above format and let your fellow predents know -- when I was waiting, THAT is exactly what I needed... so that I don't check the email every 2 minutes like a maniac (which btw, I received at 3:15pm :laugh:)***

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

I start this thread since Houston is on such a different time zone compared to the other Texas schools - so it might help us alleviate some of our stress if we see that we are really OKAY!

I applied 6.23
Verified 7.20
Got invite invite 9.18

***If anyone has received interview invites and are on SDN, PLEASE use the above format and let your fellow predents know -- when I was waiting, THAT is exactly what I needed... so that I don't check the email every 2 minutes like a maniac (which btw, I received at 3:15pm :laugh:)***

Cheers

Apply Early July
Verified Late July
Got Invite 9/5
Interview 10/5

Thanks for starting this, it actually gives me a little hope for Houston.

So judging from the trend in the small sample size here, it seems to take them about a month and a week or so from the time they get your app to invite for an interview. I guess that still gives me hope since my DAT scores were made available a month ago tomorrow.:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
no problem, i totally understand what you are going through...
it is so weird that there are not too many "houston interviewees" speaking up on sdn...
i will cross my fingers about houston for you =D

Well, I can guarantee you this, there are people interviewing here at Houston almost every Monday. I see Dr. Pierpont taking the groups on the tours around the school. Plus, I have met up with several interview candidates who came to the school on their own time who have interviews at different times this semester. I know that isn't exactly the info you want, but I wanted to make sure you know that Houston is NOT sitting on their butts as some people feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I so wanta join you on this thread, but my app has not even made its way to the schools yet. AND the post above is making me :scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

I feel like bungee jumping too but without the bungee.

thanks for starting this thread! i am still waiting to hear back from san antonio and houston. at least this gives me some hope about houston :D

App got verified 9/4, got my San Antonio and Baylor invites within two weeks of that. Still haven't heard from Houston =\

I love you, Houston!!! Please call me!:love::love::love:

cross your fingers for this friday then =D

seriously, why are they so damn slow? houston's my #1 choice

Members don't see this ad :)
houston needs to speed up :D
it seems like they are still looking at july apps from the posts so hopefully we will hear some good news this friday

I applied 6.23
Verified 7.20
Got invite invite 9.18

Cheers

Hey, Congrats..
BTW are you a Texas Resident? I heard that Houston usually give out
invitations to residents first and then out of staters...

I am still waiting.....

Hey potbelly (haha, were you hungry when you made an sdn id? just curious!!)

I aaaam a texas resident. I know some schools organize OOSers on certain days/dates -- I am not sure if that is Houston's deal... you know, you could go ahead and email them ([email protected]) and they should be able to let you know :)

and tomorrow is friday - email day, so good luck to the next batch!! dont drive yourself too crazy checking your email (set up a system, i only checked once at hour hehe)

:thumbup:wow, thanks icedspice. i had no idea, there is still hope for houston after all. but since texasgal got invites after 2 wks of submitting in sept, damn she must be awesome.

:thumbup:wow, thanks icedspice. i had no idea, there is still hope for houston after all. but since texasgal got invites after 2 wks of submitting in sept, damn she must be awesome.

Just relax and focus on your interview tomorrow at Baylor. It is not time to worry about Houston interview right now. :)

Hey potbelly (haha, were you hungry when you made an sdn id? just curious!!)

I aaaam a texas resident. I know some schools organize OOSers on certain days/dates -- I am not sure if that is Houston's deal... you know, you could go ahead and email them ([email protected]) and they should be able to let you know :)

and tomorrow is friday - email day, so good luck to the next batch!! dont drive yourself too crazy checking your email (set up a system, i only checked once at hour hehe)

why would you mention this? now i can't stop checking my email. seriously, i just checked it before this post... and i'm probably going to check it again after i press the submit button.

haha longhornpride, i thought yall knew!
and i said have a system so you only check once an hour :D

I did NOT know that either.

:cool:

They sure do know how to drive me insane.

Please send me an email Houston!!!!!!!

something doesn't sound right about that......

So far what I figured is that Baylor and SA sends interview invites within two weeks of app being verified.

Im waiting on Houston now.

anyone get anything today? i've checked my email atleast a hundred times.

nothing today, i guess i'll have to wait until next friday?

this waiting thing until Friday sucks! i guess we have to wait another week for our invites. does anyone know around what time Houston sends out invites? does anyone know what dates they are booked till? mid october already?

Just relax and focus on your interview tomorrow at Baylor. It is not time to worry about Houston interview right now. :)

haha thanks danny:D! im actually thinking about picking up a new hobby to help pass the time and improve on my handskills. it feels nice that it's done.i hope we all get in!

Applied 6/25
Verified 7/22
Application Received email from Houston 8/6
Got Invite 9/29
Interview Scheduled 10/19

I got the email today (Tuesday) at 10:15 am.

Good Luck to everyone! Hope to see some of you guys there!

Applied 6/25
Verified 7/22
Application Received email from Houston 8/6
Got Invite 9/29
Interview Scheduled 10/19

I got the email today (Tuesday) at 10:15 am.

Good Luck to everyone! Hope to see some of you guys there!

congrats & good luck!!! :thumbup::D

hey longhornpride... i guess i was wrong...
they dont send out invites just on fridays...
HEY drtootle :) I shall see YOU on the 19th =D

well great. now instead of checking my email all day every friday... i'll be checking it 24/7. haha... im just kidding.

No no no! I got my interview invites to SA and Baylor, not to Houston! I'm still waiting! :(

It was totally unexpected to see it on Tuesday. I was disappointed when I hadn't heard last Friday and was setting my hopes up for the next Friday. It was totally out of the blue (but I submitted 2 days after IcedSpice, I figured that if I didn't hear this week it either meant that they hated me or lost my application)

See you there IcedSpice! I'll PM you so we can create some secret kind of code to be able to identify each other :p

well great. now instead of checking my email all day every friday... i'll be checking it 24/7. haha... im just kidding.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get you even more panicky.:scared:

hopefully someone else has heard from houston and can post the dates their application was submitted and verified. why are they moving so slow.:scared:

hopefully someone else has heard from houston and can post the dates their application was submitted and verified. why are they moving so slow.:scared:

i second that! lol but ill keep waiting for them:)

i received email on Aug 21st from Houston that application is received and completed. I was hoping by now I should have heard something. So still waiting.

Don't worry guys, Houston is known to take their time. I have alot of classmates who were interviewed in December and got in. During the last cycle- I completed my application mid july and interviewed in early october, got my acceptance on Dec 1st. If you haven't heard anything yet, DON'T PANIC. And don't stress out when you read about all these other people interviewing earlier than..it doesn't mean seats are taken up. UTDB gets over 1000 applications and they only interview 15-20 once a week..it takes time.

It's going to be worth it at the end, if you guys get into UTDB- chose UTDB! There are ALOT of advantages to coming here than San Antonio and Baylor.

Msg me if any of you need any advice/tips/help!

UTDB Class of 2013
DAT-19, GPA- 3.5, sGPA- 3.4

Don't worry guys, Houston is known to take their time. I have alot of classmates who were interviewed in December and got in. During the last cycle- I completed my application mid july and interviewed in early october, got my acceptance on Dec 1st. If you haven't heard anything yet, DON'T PANIC. And don't stress out when you read about all these other people interviewing earlier than..it doesn't mean seats are taken up. UTDB gets over 1000 applications and they only interview 15-20 once a week..it takes time.

It's going to be worth it at the end, if you guys get into UTDB- chose UTDB! There are ALOT of advantages to coming here than San Antonio and Baylor.

Msg me if any of you need any advice/tips/help!

UTDB Class of 2013
DAT-19, GPA- 3.5, sGPA- 3.4

thanks for your nice words! but the point is late interviewees are fighting for much less available seats rather than pre December interviwees!

seriously, why are they so damn slow? houston's my #1 choice

It could be that they are slow or it could be that they are not impressed with the offer they have on hand.

Hey guys,
Dr. Pierpont came to visit our school this week and this is what I heard.... (FYI: there was a gap of 6 weeks between the Application Recd and the interview invite).

- There was a glitch in their system so their processing IS slow...
- Expect ATLEAST 8-10 weeks processing between the Application Recd email and the interview invite
- Interviews will probably go over into next semester....
@Danny. For schools like SA and Baylor, filling up spots before December is true --- bc they have interviewed many people. We don't have to worr y about that for Houston... Imagine it as though the "December 1st" deadline that we so worry about, just got extended! Now that is good and bad. I would rather find out so that I can pick and choose (and since Houston is my first choice, I would have to hold my spot at other schools $$$). For others, it is good because you dont get a worse off deal. If you applied early and lets say you got interviews at baylor or san antonio, i would expect one from houston too :)

And thanks Rooney :) it definitely gets tough playing the waiting game. I have a few questions --- ill probably PM you this weekend! =D

Hey guys,
Dr. Pierpont came to visit our school this week and this is what I heard.... (FYI: there was a gap of 6 weeks between the Application Recd and the interview invite).

- Expect ATLEAST 8-10 weeks processing between the Application Recd email and the interview invite
@Danny. For schools like SA and Baylor, filling up spots before December is true --- bc they have interviewed many people. We don't have to worr y about that for Houston... Imagine it as though the "December 1st" deadline that we so worry about, just got extended! Now that is good and bad. I would rather find out so that I can pick and choose (and since Houston is my first choice, I would have to hold my spot at other schools $$$). For others, it is good because you dont get a worse off deal. If you applied early and lets say you got interviews at baylor or san antonio, i would expect one from houston too :)

And thanks Rooney :) it definitely gets tough playing the waiting game. I have a few questions --- ill probably PM you this weekend! =D

thanks for the update!

UTDB Houston October 19th!!! e-mail this morning at 9:35 am :D

Blah, same day as my BU interview, had to re-schedule that one to November 30th

Hey guys,

Thanks for the update!! This gives me hope! Lol :)

During all this waiting, has anyone called the school to check on their status? Or is pretty much everyone just waiting it out? I thought about calling them, but would hate to annoy them further if there has been hundreds of calls from other people regarding the same situation.