UTEP and UTHSCSA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhorn90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these two schools receive over 400 applicants every year? Im sure they are just as competitive as the other Texas Schools but I was just wondering.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

I dont how many applicants they receive but the last time i checked, UTEP's OT program was not yet accredited or on probation. This info i believe will affect the number of students that apply to the school.

I dont how many applicants they receive but the last time i checked, UTEP's OT program was not yet accredited or on probation. This info i believe will affect the number of students that apply to the school.

Really? I just checked the aota website and came across this:
http://www.aota.org/Students/Schools/EntryLevelOT/38119.aspx#tx

I applied there and I hope to hear back from them. I got rejected by UTMB, TECH, TWU. So I am crossing my fingers :/

Members don't see this ad :)
okay, i just went back to check and they are now accredited. I hope u get in. As for me, i dont intend applying there because i dont intend taking the GRE exam. But am quite suprised u got rejected by all those schools so fact. Did u interview with any of them or is it that u didnt get called for an interview?

okay, i just went back to check and they are now accredited. I hope u get in. As for me, i dont intend applying there because i dont intend taking the GRE exam. But am quite suprised u got rejected by all those schools so fact. Did u interview with any of them or is it that u didnt get called for an interview?

I didn't interview with any of them and TWU sent rejection letters by mail. The other two online. I did however get and interview with UTHSCSA on Jan 25! I'm so exited :)

I know there isn't an essay, or wasn't in the past. Other than that, I can fill you in after my interview... Mine is a few days before yours. Good luck to you!!

Oh ok great!! Thank you so much!! Best of luck to you!! I'm guessing they are maybe 3 interview dates because a friend of mine is having hers on jan 11. But please let me know how your interview goes!!! :)

I know there isn't an essay, or wasn't in the past. Other than that, I can fill you in after my interview... Mine is a few days before yours. Good luck to you!!

Hey how did your interview go??? Any tips??

Hey! I'm the same one who posted under the other topic of utmb/uthscsa right after my interview:) Good luck to you!

Hey! I'm the same one who posted under the other topic of utmb/uthscsa right after my interview:) Good luck to you!

Oh ok thank you! I had my interview on Jan 25 and I think it went very well! :) When do you think we will know if we got into the UTHSCSA program? They said mid-February at my interview date but I'm not sure!

Thank you

That's what they told me too. The final interviews were last Friday. This week is when they will be reviewing everything and they said it should be next week!

Oh ok yeah that makes sense! I thought I heard them say something like February 8-12 or something like that. I could be wrong here! Maybe it was my nerves and I don't remember lol

Has anyone that interviewed at UTHSCSA heard back yet?

I called uthscsa on Monday and letters were sent out Monday and Tuesday. Should be soon!!!

I just got my acceptance letter from UTSA! Any future classmates out there?

Received my acceptance to UTHSC yesterday! So thankful and relieved! Can't wait:laugh: I was waitlisted for TWU Houston; pushed to the regular admissions for UTMB (so still waiting) and flat out rejected by Tech :mad:; but I am happy to get the acceptance from UTHSC....cause that's what it's all about! Let's get this going!

Congrats to you both! Have you accepted or are you still waiting on other programs?? I am currently on the wait list and I was wondering!

I was also accepted at UTHSCSA! So excited to start in May! :) I was wondering if there are any future classmates who are looking for a roommate?