UTEP and UTPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ag1876

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had applied to these programs and heard anything back yet. Or does anyone know what their turn around time typically is between the application deadline closing and when they inform applicants if they received an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone had applied to these programs and heard anything back yet. Or does anyone know what their turn around time typically is between the application deadline closing and when they inform applicants if they received an interview?

I applied to both of these programs. I received a call from UTEP a few days ago asking if I'd like to come in for an interview on February 22. I have not heard back from UTPA. I applied to both programs around November. I am waiting to hear back from UTHSCSA this week and if I get in then I won't be attending any more interviews.

Have you heard back?

I have not heard anything yet from either school. I know UTPA closed their application on Feb. 1, so that might be why nothing has been heard from them. I didn't get my application in to UTEP until the beginning of Jan, so i'm hoping that's why I have not heard anything yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I agree with you on UTPA. I think they will notify people sometime in March. But as for UTEP, I think you sending it in January might be why you haven't heard back yet. But don't lose hope! You should hear back sometime soon (1-2 weeks).

Have you heard anything from UTEP yet? I am also waiting to hear from them.

I heard back from UTEP on Saturday, so you should be hearing from them in the next couple of days!

Longhorn90, did you hear back from utsa or are you going ahead with the UTEP interview?

I finally heard from them today! Ill be there Friday! Do you know if they interview everyone who applies? It seems like they will be interviewing quite a few people.

The people that I talked to said that, as long as the people meet the requirements, they'll get an interview. But idk how many people made it to the interview stage!! eek!!!

Hopefully it's not too many! Good luck to you!

I heard back from UTEP on Saturday, so you should be hearing from them in the next couple of days!

Longhorn90, did you hear back from utsa or are you going ahead with the UTEP interview?

I have not heard back from UTHSCSA yet. So I will be attending the interview this Friday. Good luck to you all!

How do you guys think the interview went? I felt like my essay questions were hard. I talked to someone after and their essay questions were a lot easier than the one I got.

I felt my interview went good. I was nervous as hell but answered all their questions as best as I could. I liked my questions, they were ethically based, do you agree or not agree yes or no type questions. Do you feel your interview went well?

That's great to hear! I feel like my interview just went okay. I was really nervous and I think on one or two question I answered in a roundabout way. My essay questions were about universal access to care or what to do with eggs after a couple had successfully gone through invetro fertilization. I just hope they liked me enough to give me a chance. The waiting period is going to kill me lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah me too! She told us we should know the first week of March so I hope they keep to that timeline. She also told our group that they were interviewing a total of a little over 50 people, they accept 24 so i feel those are pretty good odds. Were you in the morning group? I could be wrong but I only counted like 20 or so people interviewing so maybe there were more applicants in the afternoon round.

I was in the afternoon group and I counted maybe 15-20 people. She said that they still had some interviews to do. So who knows! But I'm hoping all goes well. I know that when the first of March rolls around I'll be stressed to the max!

Good luck to you! Hopefully we will be classmates lol! Anyhow, she said they were going to do some skype interviews but Friday was the only day for face-to-face interviews. I drove 10 hours to be there so i hope it pays off!

I thought the interview went well too. Everyone seemed professional and well deserving of a spot in this UTEP program. I too had essay questions about in vitriol fertilization and about being a consumer for education for 16 years. I hope I answered my essay correctly! Lol but I also drove 12 hours for this interview. I felt extremely comfortable with the people, faculty, and students. The scholarship offered is also another huge reason to attend this program. Best of luck to everyone! March will be here soon!

Not yet :(
I'm thinking we'll hear something next week. They usually let people know before spring break which is the 18-22nd.
The waiting/anticipation is killing me "/

Oh ok I was hoping we would find out this week! But yes this waiting game is the worst! Lol :(

I actually emailed them to see when we should be hearing back and she said we may hear something by the end of this week!!!! eeekkk! She said she also usually sends an email to those accepted and waitlisted with a hard copy to follow in the mail but if you are not offered an acceptance you are notified by mail only. I am definitely a nervous wreck and will be checking my email/mail constantly.

Oh wow that's great news! I'm excited but super nervous at the same time! :/ I keep checking my emails like every 5 mins haha. But ok then sounds good!

Hey has any one heard anything yet? I was really hoping to hear something today.

I have not hear everything. I'm nervous now. Ugh.

I am on the waitlist also. This sucks, it was the only school I applied to. I wonder if the letters they will send out will let us know where we are on the waitlist. Sigh!!!

Yeah I know wish the letters would say that! It would help out a lot lol

Oh well, Hopefully you guys will hear something good from UTPA. :)

Ugh I hope! This whole waiting and interviewing process is fustrating tiring! Lol but God has perfect timing. Best of luck to you!

Has anyone on the UTEP wailing heard anything? Also, has anyone heard from UTPA yet??

Nothing from UTPA. Have you called and asked UTEP when they would give you an answer either way?

Yeah I emailed them last week, asking any updates on my ranking on the wait list. They didn't tell me my position but they did say they will notify everyone when the class is full.

That's good! There is still a chance! Let me know what they tell you!

I just remembered! We had to respond if we were accepting/declining the offer no later than March 25th. I would imagine they will tell you something by the end of the week

Oh really? I didn't know that! Thank you so much! I hope they say something this week!

An email was sent out this morning from UTEP stating that all 24 positions were filled but that if should a student rescind their spot, then the next applicant on the wait list will become notified.

I'm sorry to hear that. But you never know, some of the people might rescind their offer. Keep your head up. Plus there is still UTPA!

May I ask what are your stats? I'm planning on applying as well.

I just got accepted to UTEP... Could anyone who attended tell me a little about the program? What you liked or didn't like about it?