UTHSCSA Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #2
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date:8/3/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
Mail-out date: 6/7/2021
Application complete date: 6/7/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.97, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/16/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual
 
Interview #2
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date:8/3/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
Mail-out date: 6/7/2021
Application complete date: 6/7/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.97, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/16/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual
I got the same date
 
Interview #1
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 8/9/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
Application complete date: 5/25/2021
Application received by school: 7/20/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.97, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/23/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual
 
Last edited:
I also never got an email from them confirming they received my app despite everyone else confirming they received my app back in june! Did they ever reply to your email?
Yes, they did! They did not respond as to why an email confirmation was not sent, but they did state that my application was received and under review. Like a week later I received an interview. I would email them just to make sure. Best of luck!
 
Yes, they did! They did not respond as to why an email confirmation was not sent, but they did state that my application was received and under review. Like a week later I received an interview. I would email them just to make sure. Best of luck!
Got it, thank you! Congrats on the interview and best of luck to you as well!!
 
I got an invite today! I am OOS so I am thrilled! Does anyone one how many people generally get interviews at this school and how many people get accepted?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an invite today! I am OOS so I am thrilled! Does anyone one how many people generally get interviews at this school and how many people get accepted?
Hi, current D1 here 🙂

My class has 100 students and I believe only four are OOS. This last cycle, there were ~1500 applicants, around 300 interviews, and 100 admitted for the 2025 class.
 
Does anyone know if they’re still sending out interview invites? GPA nearly 4.0, DAT 21, IS. App was submitted early July but just got DAT score 8/30
 
Interview #3
School:
UTHSCSA
Notification date: 9/30
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: Texas
Application complete date: 08/01
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/21/21/None
Interview date: 10/11
Method of Interview: Virtual
 
Interview #1
School
: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 10/19
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas
Application complete date: 05/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/19/21/None
Interview date: 11/08
Method of interview: Virtual
 
Interview #5
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 9/20/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 08/05/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.9/3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/23/22/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/30/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual
 
Interview #2
School: UTHSA School of Dentistry
Notification date: 11/23/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
Application complete date: 6/3/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.64, 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/24/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/6/21
Method of Interview: Zoom/Virtual

(And since I was asked before on a different thread, I am not URM. I am an ORM student.)
 
Good luck to everyone with first round acceptances just an hour or so away. Just wanted to drop in and give encouragement to those that need it; interview invites are still being sent. If you haven’t received an interview invite yet, keep your head up and keep going.

I am a non-traditional applicant making a career change from engineering. This is my second cycle to apply and I received my 2nd in-state interview invite today.

Interview #2
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 11/30/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
Application complete date: 5/19/2021
Application transmitted to school: 05/28/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.0, 3.1
Post-Bach GPA (overall, science): 3.9/3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/13/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual - Zoom/Microsoft Teams
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone else's acceptance email say class of 2029 in the first sentence instead of 2026? Trying to figure out if it was a typo or if it was because I applied to a dual degree program
 
I haven't officially received a rejection or waitlist email. However, I was ghosted lol (I assume waitlisted). Stressing out because it's my first choice too.
Same here! It's killing me not knowing! I have 2 other offers, but this is my top pick and I really would like to attend here over my other 2 offers.
 
I guess no one on this forum heard from any Texas schools yesterday? I know they released some admission decisions on 12/1, but the website stated there would also be decisions sent on 12/15.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we put a deposit down at one school does it mean that we can not receive offers from other schools that might offer later on? I'm not sure how that process works
From what I understand, you can still get other invitations/offers from other schools even you have put a deposit on a seat from another school. This is how wait-listed students get in later.
 
Has anyone received a denial yet? If so, did you get an interview? Hearing absolutely nothing from schools, especially those I interviewed is killing me!