UTHSCSA Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything from San Antonio? I've heard back from everyone except them.

Anyone hear anything from San Antonio? I've heard back from everyone except them.
I got a confirmation email of them receiving my application on 7/20, that was about 5 days after my application was transmitted to the TX schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a confirmation email of them receiving my application on 7/20, that was about 5 days after my application was transmitted to the TX schools.
Thank you! I will have to email them on Monday I guess.

Interview #2
School: UTHSCSA
Notification date:8/3/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
Mail-out date: 6/7/2021
Application complete date: 6/7/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.97, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/16/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual

Interview #2
Notification date:8/3/2021
Mail-out date: 6/7/2021
Application complete date: 6/7/2021
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/16/2021
I got the same date

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/9/2021
Application complete date: 5/25/2021
Application received by school: 7/20/2021
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/23/2021

Last edited:
I also never got an email from them confirming they received my app despite everyone else confirming they received my app back in june! Did they ever reply to your email?

I also never got an email from them confirming they received my app despite everyone else confirming they received my app back in june! Did they ever reply to your email?
Yes, they did! They did not respond as to why an email confirmation was not sent, but they did state that my application was received and under review. Like a week later I received an interview. I would email them just to make sure. Best of luck!

Yes, they did! They did not respond as to why an email confirmation was not sent, but they did state that my application was received and under review. Like a week later I received an interview. I would email them just to make sure. Best of luck!
Got it, thank you! Congrats on the interview and best of luck to you as well!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invite today! I am OOS so I am thrilled! Does anyone one how many people generally get interviews at this school and how many people get accepted?

I got an invite today! I am OOS so I am thrilled! Does anyone one how many people generally get interviews at this school and how many people get accepted?
Wondering the same! I am also an OOS and got an invite today!

Hi, current D1 here :)

My class has 100 students and I believe only four are OOS. This last cycle, there were ~1500 applicants, around 300 interviews, and 100 admitted for the 2025 class.

Does anyone know if they’re still sending out interview invites? GPA nearly 4.0, DAT 21, IS. App was submitted early July but just got DAT score 8/30

Just wanted to ask are the interview online or in person for this year

Interview #3
School:
UTHSCSA
Notification date: 9/30
Method of notification:
Email
Application complete date: 08/01
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/21/21/None
Interview date: 10/11

Interview #1
School
: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 10/19
Method of Notification: Email
Application complete date: 05/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/19/21/None
Interview date: 11/08
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #5
Notification date: 9/20/2021
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 08/05/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.9/3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/23/22/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/30/2021

Interview #2
School: UTHSA School of Dentistry
Notification date: 11/23/2021
Application complete date: 6/3/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.64, 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/24/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/6/21
Method of Interview: Zoom/Virtual

(And since I was asked before on a different thread, I am not URM. I am an ORM student.)

Good luck to everyone with first round acceptances just an hour or so away. Just wanted to drop in and give encouragement to those that need it; interview invites are still being sent. If you haven’t received an interview invite yet, keep your head up and keep going.

I am a non-traditional applicant making a career change from engineering. This is my second cycle to apply and I received my 2nd in-state interview invite today.

Interview #2
Notification date: 11/30/2021
Application complete date: 5/19/2021
Application transmitted to school: 05/28/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.0, 3.1
Post-Bach GPA (overall, science): 3.9/3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/13/2021
Method of Interview: Virtual - Zoom/Microsoft Teams

Also accepted at 12:00 AM! So excited to see my potential future classmates and best of luck to everyone still waiting!

did anyone else's acceptance email say class of 2029 in the first sentence instead of 2026? Trying to figure out if it was a typo or if it was because I applied to a dual degree program

is there a groupme for the new class?

Does anyone know how many spots got filled on Dec 1?

Does anyone know if they'll be sending out stuff in the mail? Financial info, etc

I haven't officially received a rejection or waitlist email. However, I was ghosted lol (I assume waitlisted). Stressing out because it's my first choice too.
Same here. Do you know when they give out the next round of acceptances?

Same here. Do you know when they give out the next round of acceptances?
I don't sorry. I tried sending a letter of intent but admissions stated they do not accept them. They just said they will continue sending acceptance on a rolling basis 😢

I haven't officially received a rejection or waitlist email. However, I was ghosted lol (I assume waitlisted). Stressing out because it's my first choice too.
Same here! It's killing me not knowing! I have 2 other offers, but this is my top pick and I really would like to attend here over my other 2 offers.

I guess no one on this forum heard from any Texas schools yesterday? I know they released some admission decisions on 12/1, but the website stated there would also be decisions sent on 12/15.

I guess no one on this forum heard from any Texas schools yesterday? I know they released some admission decisions on 12/1, but the website stated there would also be decisions sent on 12/15
Where did you see that decisions might be sent out on 12/15? I have been trying to find it on their website but cannot.

Same here! It's killing me not knowing! I have 2 other offers, but this is my top pick and I really would like to attend here over my other 2 offers.
If we put a deposit down at one school does it mean that we can not receive offers from other schools that might offer later on? I'm not sure how that process works

If we put a deposit down at one school does it mean that we can not receive offers from other schools that might offer later on? I'm not sure how that process works
From what I understand, you can still get other invitations/offers from other schools even you have put a deposit on a seat from another school. This is how wait-listed students get in later.

Has anyone received a denial yet? If so, did you get an interview? Hearing absolutely nothing from schools, especially those I interviewed is killing me!