Uthscsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is anyone preparing for the uthscsa interview and skills test in Dallas??? for interview in the third week of oct 2011??

I am practicing by my own,is there any training sessions in Dallas???

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have an idea or know what all they ask in the skill test? Is it crown prep, class II? Ant or postr crown prep? gold/ all ceram/ do they have radiographs and treatment planning things as well?
Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have an idea or know what all they ask in the skill test? Is it crown prep, class II? Ant or postr crown prep? gold/ all ceram/ do they have radiographs and treatment planning things as well?
Thanks in advance!

Did you get a IV call from UTHCSA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks in advance!
congrats everyone for IVs!
same question.. for those who got the calls were you given details about the bench test?

congrats everyone for IVs!
same question.. for those who got the calls were you given details about the bench test?

You won't until you pay the $250 fee and send an email confirming your participation.:thumbup:

hi, how r u preparing for the interview???and whereabout are u??I got an interview call too for the same dates!

how r u preparing for the interiew???I have mine on the same date! are you in dallas??

Dont know about any training sessions but are u in Dallas??so am I!!!

anybody got interviews for oct 27-28??? Since they have a pattern for thursdays and fridays... I am still waiting ..

Did anybody get the interview package yet? Can you please scan the details for the skills assesment test if possible! Please..as I havent recieved mine yet! Appreciate it..thanks in advance!!!

Did anybody get the interview package yet? Can you please scan the details for the skills assesment test if possible! Please..as I havent recieved mine yet! Appreciate it..thanks in advance!!!
will you post yours for others when you rcv it please :)

Can anyone tell me that do they provide everything or we have to get our own instruments?

Members don't see this ad :)
R they sending more invites....... anybody for Nov. I am waiting too:xf:
Thanks in advance!!!

How are they sending the invites. through email or regular post...any idea..?

Any more invites.........guys pls post ur status if anyone got a call this week. thank ou so much!!!!

Hi...anyone else got the interview calls lately...or are they finished with the invitations... hard luck for me this year as well... no calls and no interviews yet :(

Hi...anyone else got the interview calls lately...or are they finished with the invitations... hard luck for me this year as well... no calls and no interviews yet :(

I received a call and then email this afternoon for Interview on Nov 10-11.
I received application complete email on Aug 29th.

Email says that interviews conducted all day Thursdays and Friday mornings.

Good luck everyone.

Any more invites.........guys pls post ur status if anyone got a call this week. thank ou so much!!!!

I got IV call today morning for 10-11 Nov......

Any more calls this week.......guys

Anybody did go for the interview this week? Please share the details....

And also anybody knows KILGORE or COLUMBIA Typodont for the bench test?!

Which interview dates are out for UTSCSA ? Which ones are remaining ?

please somebody share interview and bench test experience held on last week...
Thanks in advance...

i recd an IV for nov 10-11 too! very excited and nervous at the same time...any idea of the essay questions?

about a week back... do u have any idea of the kind of essay questions?

Don,t worry..they will send you complete package what all to expect regarding interview and bench exam when you get the call..They are very good at that and give due attention to all canditates called for interview........reason is they call small batches of max 8 students and interview process goes for two days.

what are the essay questions like?

Guys I interviewed in the first batch! It is a really good experience really nice school and very good people. U will have 100 questions from NBDE PArt II style and 12 motor skill evaluation questions. A personal questionnare in the morning and the bench test on Day 2! Best of luck guys! No PM Please lets have questions and answers all here in the open!!

Guys I interviewed in the first batch! It is a really good experience really nice school and very good people. U will have 100 questions from NBDE PArt II style and 12 motor skill evaluation questions. A personal questionnare in the morning and the bench test on Day 2! Best of luck guys! No PM Please lets have questions and answers all here in the open!!

Hi can you tell me more about the motor skill evaluation thing!

hi!
weren't there any essays questions??
also pls tell more about the motor skill evaluation questions.
thanks!

The motor skills had FGC on #3, Class II MO # 19 and a stone model with composite build up and carving. No burs given for the composite so make sure u knw what ur adding is perfect and needed. 3 cusps of an upper molar are missing n u need to rebuild it back. Besta luck guys!!

The motor skills had FGC on #3, Class II MO # 19 and a stone model with composite build up and carving. No burs given for the composite so make sure u knw what ur adding is perfect and needed. 3 cusps of an upper molar are missing n u need to rebuild it back. Besta luck guys!!

Hey thanks a lot for the update ! Can I ask you to tell me about the composite build was it done on a tooth sized plaster model or a bigger one ? Have you heard if anyone gets an anterior crown preparation ?

hi!
weren't there any essays questions??
also pls tell more about the motor skill evaluation questions.
thanks!

What are the motor skill evaluation questions like ?

Hey thanks a lot for the update ! Can I ask you to tell me about the composite build was it done on a tooth sized plaster model or a bigger one ? Have you heard if anyone gets an anterior crown preparation ?

for the composite build up...do u get another ideal model to replicate or have to build up from memory?
thanks!

Anyone for a shared accommodation during UTHSCSA Nov 17-18 interview dates, pl PM me........ I am an Indian female, Thanks & Good Luck !!!!

Thanks there for the info. Was wondering the 100 questions consists of clinical dentistry or basic sciences or both ?? As you mentioned Part II style, I am assuming the core dental subjects only & MCQ format. Secondly are there any essay questions or they are same as the personal questionnaire ??

Thanks again for any insight & wish you luck as well !!!

100 questions are very much clinical but easy to score n there is only 1 right ans! Composite build up is on a stone model, large upper molar but no burs so u can just add not subtract. Read the decks PArt II as all the questions r from there but quiet easy!! I am ready to help as I have been helped in the past by a lot of people here on SDN!!

100 questions are very much clinical but easy to score n there is only 1 right ans! Composite build up is on a stone model, large upper molar but no burs so u can just add not subtract. Read the decks PArt II as all the questions r from there but quiet easy!! I am ready to help as I have been helped in the past by a lot of people here on SDN!!

Thanks for the reply again !!!! As decks is so vast would you like to suggest any specific subjects like either OS, Ortho or Endo etc ?

From the ones I rem they had a mix of radio, ortho, pedo a lil bit, opert...phew! But they are all v easy so relax! Bench is the most imprt!! Besta luc..!!