Utility of two screeners for cog deficit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

psy.d. 2021

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

Wondering what folks have heard if anything about PREMAZ and Neurocatch....particularly around clinical utility for screening for cognitive deficits...I'm skeptical and feeling like the research that does exist is specious. Wondering what folks have heard.


 
There are well validated, completely free, screeners, with extensive research support. I don't know why you would go out of your way to avoid those.

It's like walking into a restaurant, being offered Coca Cola, and demanding they find Cel-Ray and Cheer Wine instead.

Cambridge is the king of selling **** to physicians that costs exponentially more than the screeners they already have, just so they can have colorful pictures to show patients, with no benefit to predictive validity.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are well validated, completely free, screeners, with extensive research support. I don't know why you would go out of your way to avoid those.

It's like walking into a restaurant, being offered Coca Cola, and demanding they find Cel-Ray and Cheer Wine instead.
I agree. Someone I know in a related field is using these and I was curious.
 
There are plenty of people selling screening tools to the different health subfields. Plenty of money to be made reinventing the wheel apparently.