Utilizing Otosource/ COCLIA / Resident Education?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whodey22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Hoping to get some new and fresh ideas for resident education. Currently, I was appointed my programs resident education liaison outside of the typical grand rounds. Historically, our program has the typical grand rounds, tumor board, m&m, Journal clubs etc. Outside of the norm we also do the following:

1. Monthly Temporal bone lab w/ our neurotologist present
2. Weekly COCLIA- assign a few questions to ea resident. Get to get together and read the questions .
3. Home study course
4. Individual board vitals
5. Mock Oral Board Prep.

Quite frankly, I feel our historical method of COCLIA is ineffective and time could possibly be more productive w/ other methods of covering the material. My goal / Vision is to create “individualized study plans” for each resident based on their strengths and weaknesses. I would also like to include a reading schedule from Baileys or Cummings based on their respective rotations. My thought process is to move away from “one size fits all” mentality and attempt to develop a study regimen that focuses on each residents style of learning (visual, auditory, tactile) .

Is anyone else using Otosource ? How are you using it ?
Any programs doing anything unique with COCLIA or with education?

Looking forward to hearing new or fresh ideas.

Members don't see this ad.