UTMB Class of 2009!!!! part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:idea: Good idea about moving into a PBL room. Has anyone actually tried going to campus or accessing the building?

Members don't see this ad.

justin334,

just wondering what part of the island you live on??? I am trying to figure out if fish village has power or not before I head back..........any info would be great!!

justin334 said:
I just got down to galveston today around noon. While my apartment escaped damage, I don't have power so that kind of sucks. It's hot!! Many businesses are opening and there's plenty of gas/groceries/restaurants open and more are continuing to open. The real issue is electricity. And I cried as I passed Yaga's today. :(

Good idea about the PBL rooms. I may just move into one for the next few days.

Haha...Yagas was good but I didn't know people were so attached to it! :p

When do you think we'll have our test? I don't think that it'll be on Thursday and I even keep hoping that they'll push it back until Monday. They wouldn't give it to us on the weekend would they?

Members don't see this ad :)
GutsyGal said:
Haha...Yagas was good but I didn't know people were so attached to it! :p

When do you think we'll have our test? I don't think that it'll be on Thursday and I even keep hoping that they'll push it back until Monday. They wouldn't give it to us on the weekend would they?

They mentioned the possibility of weekend exams... :scared:

wdarli said:
justin334,

just wondering what part of the island you live on??? I am trying to figure out if fish village has power or not before I head back..........any info would be great!!

Yesterday, Galveston.com said that fish village and areas west of 31st had *no* power, but they removed that notice when I checked today (so maybe more areas have electricity).

UTKB said:
They mentioned the possibility of weekend exams... :scared:

Yeah, exactly, Dr. Collins said they've done weekend tests before... sure would put a damper on a rescheduled Beta party. :p

I live at 10th and Ball and my electricity did come on yesterday afternoon. It's hard to tell which sections of town have power and which ones don't. Yesterday my power was out but two streets down from me on either side had power. It looks to be kind of patchy right now. I just got the email saying that employees should report back to work tomorrow(tuesday) so I'm assuming campus will at least be open by then if it isn't already. Stores and restaurants are starting to open as they get power and employees back(the Spot's been open since Saturday night). Things are getting back to normal, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.