UTMB Galveston

Started by deepeetee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

deepeetee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone had an interview here this year? I had one at the end of September and just want to know how long it usually takes to hear back! They said they won't fill a class until they have had all of their interviews which can go all the way to February! The wait is TORTURE!!! 😱
 
I applied but haven't heard anything. That was a few weeks ago. How long after submitting did it take to hear back?
 
Well I completed my application in August, so it was pretty early. I was in the first interview group. I know they said they didn't have any interview dates in October so the next interview group should be in November. It took about 3 weeks for them to invite me for an interview. Good luck!!!! 😀 I hope you get in!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I asked them over the phone what my chances were they said I had good enough scores that I probably wouldn't have to fly out there. Just a phone interview. I hope that's the case.
 
GPA 3.93/4.0
GRE 162v 159q 4.0 aw
I'm mostly worried about my LOR's and essay and stuff. But assuming my LOR's were good, I'm in.
 
I applied at the end of October and have an interview on Dec. 7. From my understanding, they will be interviewing the top 150. Good luck everyone!
 
for those of you who already interviewed at UTMB, can you tell what it was like? any tips would be greatly appreciated
 
I just had my interview Friday, but I think I was so nervous I completely blanked on the name of the man who interviewed me. I checked their website but could not find anyone with his description. He said he was a former UTMB student and was certified in orthopedics. Anyone know who I am talking about?
 
Has anyone received an email with their admission decision yet? If so what did you hear?
 
Yes, I'm accepted (got it about 2 days after my interview). They do interviews throughout the year, so I'm not sure when you'll get yours.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on February 15th, friday, and was told that my interview group was the last group they interviewed. I got my acceptance letter on Monday but I don't know if they send out all their acceptance letters on the same day or not.
 
I also had an interview on Feb. 15th but still have not heard anything. I was just curious, but the suspense is killing me ! Lol