In Crossroads- TWU Vs. UTMB DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mechaman29

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In TwU, I'd be at home (living with parents) with a 40 min commute, so I'd be saving a lot of money. I also think the tuition is cheaper. I've heard that the program is more rigorous than the latter and more on the "professional" side. Also, it seems that it is more research-based (which I'm not sure of), though I am not the biggest fan of research.

In UTMB Galveston, It seems less stressful with a lower workload and more of a "college experience". It's more laid-back and has a family feel to it, which I like.

I'm also an avid mixed martial artist, so work-life balance is very important.

If anyone could chime in with some advice, it'd be greatly appreciated.

-Nathan P

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
In TwU, I'd be at home (living with parents) with a 40 min commute, so I'd be saving a lot of money. I also think the tuition is cheaper. I've heard that the program is more rigorous than the latter and more on the "professional" side. Also, it seems that it is more research-based (which I'm not sure of), though I am not the biggest fan of research.

In UTMB Galveston, It seems less stressful with a lower workload and more of a "college experience". It's more laid-back and has a family feel to it, which I like.

I'm also an avid mixed martial artist, so work-life balance is very important.

If anyone could chime in with some advice, it'd be greatly appreciated.

-Nathan P
Hi, what did you end up deciding? Im in this boat right now!

Reactions: 1 user