In Crossroads- TWU Vs. UTMB DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mechaman29

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In TwU, I'd be at home (living with parents) with a 40 min commute, so I'd be saving a lot of money. I also think the tuition is cheaper. I've heard that the program is more rigorous than the latter and more on the "professional" side. Also, it seems that it is more research-based (which I'm not sure of), though I am not the biggest fan of research.

In UTMB Galveston, It seems less stressful with a lower workload and more of a "college experience". It's more laid-back and has a family feel to it, which I like.

I'm also an avid mixed martial artist, so work-life balance is very important.

If anyone could chime in with some advice, it'd be greatly appreciated.

-Nathan P
 
Last edited:
In TwU, I'd be at home (living with parents) with a 40 min commute, so I'd be saving a lot of money. I also think the tuition is cheaper. I've heard that the program is more rigorous than the latter and more on the "professional" side. Also, it seems that it is more research-based (which I'm not sure of), though I am not the biggest fan of research.

In UTMB Galveston, It seems less stressful with a lower workload and more of a "college experience". It's more laid-back and has a family feel to it, which I like.

I'm also an avid mixed martial artist, so work-life balance is very important.

If anyone could chime in with some advice, it'd be greatly appreciated.

-Nathan P
Hi, what did you end up deciding? Im in this boat right now!