UTSD-Houston Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Thank you so much for correcting the misperception. How would you rate UTSD compared to the other 3 schools in Texas? What are UTSD pros and cons?
I mean I didn’t attend the other schools and really know nothing about them so i couldn’t really compare.

UTSD Houston:
Pros - great clinical experience, fairly new and really beautiful facilities, truly a family atmosphere, every specialty so you get a lot of help those types of procedures, great alumni connections

Cons - no food court lol, houston is hot af and humid af and really big w lots of traffic, but most people just stick around the inner loop so it’s not that bad.

Members don't see this ad.

I mean I didn’t attend the other schools and really know nothing about them so i couldn’t really compare.

UTSD Houston:
Pros - great clinical experience, fairly new and really beautiful facilities, truly a family atmosphere, every specialty so you get a lot of help those types of procedures, great alumni connections

Cons - no food court lol, houston is hot af and humid af and really big w lots of traffic, but most people just stick around the inner loop so it’s not that bad.
Thank you for sharing your insight about the facility and connection. Since Houston's matriculating statistics are higher than the other 3 dental schools. How do you feel about students body's personalities/vibes? Friendly/willing to share notes and help one another or competitive/secretive/disconnect?

Thank you for sharing your insight about the facility and connection. Since Houston's matriculating statistics are higher than the other 3 dental schools. How do you feel about students body's personalities/vibes? Friendly/willing to share notes and help one another or competitive/secretive/disconnect?
My class was amazing. Everyone shared their notes and study guides and anki decks and etc. Everyone got along great, of course there are smaller groups of friends because 100 people can’t hang out all the time, but we did have a lot of large class gatherings in everyone got along amazingly and had a great time. We didn’t really have drama in our class.

i think every class has the potential to be a little different depending on a lot of things, but at the interviews during the lunch with the students we tried really hard to express what kind of environment we have at the school, so ideally the people that choose to go there are ones that want to continue that type of environment.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My class was amazing. Everyone shared their notes and study guides and anki decks and etc. Everyone got along great, of course there are smaller groups of friends because 100 people can’t hang out all the time, but we did have a lot of large class gatherings in everyone got along amazingly and had a great time. We didn’t really have drama in our class.

i think every class has the potential to be a little different depending on a lot of things, but at the interviews during the lunch with the students we tried really hard to express what kind of environment we have at the school, so ideally the people that choose to go there are ones that want to continue that type of environment.
I read on SDN that many people plan to quit dental school or dental career because of the high debt/interest rate compared to the low salary/ long work hour of a new dentist. This trend makes me quite nervous. What is the job outlook for recent dentist graduates in the Houston area? What is the starting salary for a new dentist in a supersaturated area like Houston if you don't mind I'm asking?