You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UTSW DPT Class of 2015
Started by deepeetee
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so I had someone tell me they had trouble finding the page by searching for it! So here is the link to it! :0)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/102792109884300/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/102792109884300/
Oh my goodness! So I am sorry but someone else created a facebook page too! So here is the link for that facebook page so that we can all be on the same one!!! I will be deleting the one that I created this weekend. So sorry for the inconvenience!!!!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/350115258417815/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/350115258417815/
So how is the DPT at UTSW in Dallas? It's one of the PT schools in Texas that is on my list. I'm actually quite near to my graduation (next year ish), and work as a PT technician and stuff of the like, but I just have questions regarding PT programs/schools within Texas. Was it hard to get in at UTSW?
So how is the DPT at UTSW in Dallas? It's one of the PT schools in Texas that is on my list. I'm actually quite near to my graduation (next year ish), and work as a PT technician and stuff of the like, but I just have questions regarding PT programs/schools within Texas. Was it hard to get in at UTSW?
I really like it! I work as a tech as well and I think that really helped me in my interview, considering I had a lot of examples to use that I had learned during my experience as a tech. I have worked a lot with 2 recent graduates from UTSW and they are AMAZING. They know so much and seem so confident with their work. Just seeing how wonderful and well-prepared they are put UTSW at the top of my list.
I wouldn't say it was necessarily easy to get in. I applied there last year and didn't even get an interview! This year I got an interview pretty early and at that point, I think they just want to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit for their program.
As for the program, I obviously don't know a lot about it yet...but the faculty seems great and very approachable. They have an onsite PT clinic so that you can go down after class and apply what you learned that day. I think they really prepare you well for your clinicals too. And the location is great! It is right in the middle of Dallas, surrounded by tons of fun stuff to do! (Not that there will be any time for that! lol) Location is probably the main factor that kept me from applying to some of the other schools in Texas (El Paso, San Angelo, Abilene)
Anyways...sorry that was kind of long! But thats my two cents!

So how is the DPT at UTSW in Dallas? It's one of the PT schools in Texas that is on my list. I'm actually quite near to my graduation (next year ish), and work as a PT technician and stuff of the like, but I just have questions regarding PT programs/schools within Texas. Was it hard to get in at UTSW?
Hey! I think being a tech really helps! I was never a tech but got a lot of volunteer hours in different settings. I think what put UTSW at the top of my list was the research they were doing there as well as the location (central Dallas lots of hospitals around, etc...). Also, I shadowed with a student from UTSW this summer and she was really knowledgeable! They are a really well established program as well which also caught my eye.
Good luck with your choices as to where to apply!
4
469738
I loved Dallas, I plan on moving back before I apply to the schools in the area. Nice weather all year round, great BBQ, best grocery stores around, lots to do and lots to eat. My good friends used to work at UTSW and it was a great place.
